May 24, 2013, 10:36 AM EST
According to Slava Malamud Sport-Express, there’s going to be “big money on the table” for the 24-year-old restricted free agent to consider.
Bobrovsky’s efforts during the NHL regular season vaulted the Blue Jackets into contention for a playoff spot and earned him a Vezina Trophy nomination.
During the lockout, he played for SKA Saint Petersburg, posting an impressive 18-3-2 record with a .932 save percentage.
It’s not clear how seriously Bobrovsky might consider a KHL offer. As Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline points out, Bobrovsky also has leverage in a potential offer sheet.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)