May 24, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
According to Slava Malamud Sport-Express, there’s going to be “big money on the table” for the 24-year-old restricted free agent to consider.
Bobrovsky’s efforts during the NHL regular season vaulted the Blue Jackets into contention for a playoff spot and earned him a Vezina Trophy nomination.
During the lockout, he played for SKA Saint Petersburg, posting an impressive 18-3-2 record with a .932 save percentage.
It’s not clear how seriously Bobrovsky might consider a KHL offer. As Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline points out, Bobrovsky also has leverage in a potential offer sheet.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20