May 24, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
According to Slava Malamud Sport-Express, there’s going to be “big money on the table” for the 24-year-old restricted free agent to consider.
Bobrovsky’s efforts during the NHL regular season vaulted the Blue Jackets into contention for a playoff spot and earned him a Vezina Trophy nomination.
During the lockout, he played for SKA Saint Petersburg, posting an impressive 18-3-2 record with a .932 save percentage.
It’s not clear how seriously Bobrovsky might consider a KHL offer. As Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline points out, Bobrovsky also has leverage in a potential offer sheet.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)