May 24, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
According to Slava Malamud Sport-Express, there’s going to be “big money on the table” for the 24-year-old restricted free agent to consider.
Bobrovsky’s efforts during the NHL regular season vaulted the Blue Jackets into contention for a playoff spot and earned him a Vezina Trophy nomination.
During the lockout, he played for SKA Saint Petersburg, posting an impressive 18-3-2 record with a .932 save percentage.
It’s not clear how seriously Bobrovsky might consider a KHL offer. As Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline points out, Bobrovsky also has leverage in a potential offer sheet.
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 11
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)