May 24, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
According to Slava Malamud Sport-Express, there’s going to be “big money on the table” for the 24-year-old restricted free agent to consider.
Bobrovsky’s efforts during the NHL regular season vaulted the Blue Jackets into contention for a playoff spot and earned him a Vezina Trophy nomination.
During the lockout, he played for SKA Saint Petersburg, posting an impressive 18-3-2 record with a .932 save percentage.
It’s not clear how seriously Bobrovsky might consider a KHL offer. As Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline points out, Bobrovsky also has leverage in a potential offer sheet.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)