May 24, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
“That last play is bugging me. It’s one I feel like I have to have. I feel like I kind of let the team down. I have to obviously get in the way, and remove his stick from being able to play that puck,” Hamilton said, per CSN New England. “If I get rid of the stick the puck goes in the corner, that’s it. That’s the play. I’m pretty upset.
“You just have to forget about it, I guess, and move on. That’s what you have to do.”
But Hamilton may not get a chance to redeem himself tomorrow in Game 5 at Madison Square Garden. If injured veteran Dennis Seidenberg is ready to go, Hamilton will likely come out. (Seidenberg skated this morning and said he felt comfortable, but he wasn’t able to commit to anything.)
As rookies occasionally do, Hamilton has struggled with his confidence at times this season.
Perhaps the 19-year-old needs to focus on the positives a bit more. Three assists in seven playoff games isn’t so bad at his age.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)