May 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Adam Cracknell, who was, when in the lineup, a physical force in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, has re-signed a contract extension with the St. Louis Blues, according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
As per Rutherford, it is one-year, one-year contract, worth $600,000.
Cracknell himself broke the news via Twitter, tweeting Friday afternoon that he was, “Excited to be back with the Blues for next season.”
During the lockout-shortened regular season, the 27-year-old Cracknell scored twice and had six points in 20 games.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53