May 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Adam Cracknell, who was, when in the lineup, a physical force in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, has re-signed a contract extension with the St. Louis Blues, according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
As per Rutherford, it is one-year, one-year contract, worth $600,000.
Cracknell himself broke the news via Twitter, tweeting Friday afternoon that he was, “Excited to be back with the Blues for next season.”
During the lockout-shortened regular season, the 27-year-old Cracknell scored twice and had six points in 20 games.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40