May 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Adam Cracknell, who was, when in the lineup, a physical force in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, has re-signed a contract extension with the St. Louis Blues, according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
As per Rutherford, it is one-year, one-year contract, worth $600,000.
Cracknell himself broke the news via Twitter, tweeting Friday afternoon that he was, “Excited to be back with the Blues for next season.”
During the lockout-shortened regular season, the 27-year-old Cracknell scored twice and had six points in 20 games.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54