May 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks scored 155 goals in 48 games this season, second only to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It must be flabbergasting that they have only scored three times over four contests against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series, then.
The team seemed peeved after Game 4′s 2-0 loss, yet there still seems to be a belief in their talents.
“We played our tails off. We did a lot of good things. We just didn’t find the back of the net,” Toews said. “Something’s got to give. We’re too good a team, too much talent. For as hard as we’re working, something’s got to go our way.”
Corey Crawford agreed, noting that the team hit three posts and just didn’t seem to get the bounces.
Most specifically, their seems to be some angst about the team’s power play, which is 1-for-12 in the series (with the only goal coming via a 4-1 victory in Game 1).
“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Keith said. “Same thing every time. It’s not good.”
“It’s not working.”
Whether it’s making alterations or hoping for better puck luck, Chicago needs to turn things around right away. At least they seem pretty optimistic that it can happen, though.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)