May 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks scored 155 goals in 48 games this season, second only to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It must be flabbergasting that they have only scored three times over four contests against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series, then.
The team seemed peeved after Game 4’s 2-0 loss, yet there still seems to be a belief in their talents.
“We played our tails off. We did a lot of good things. We just didn’t find the back of the net,” Toews said. “Something’s got to give. We’re too good a team, too much talent. For as hard as we’re working, something’s got to go our way.”
Corey Crawford agreed, noting that the team hit three posts and just didn’t seem to get the bounces.
Most specifically, their seems to be some angst about the team’s power play, which is 1-for-12 in the series (with the only goal coming via a 4-1 victory in Game 1).
“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Keith said. “Same thing every time. It’s not good.”
“It’s not working.”
Whether it’s making alterations or hoping for better puck luck, Chicago needs to turn things around right away. At least they seem pretty optimistic that it can happen, though.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)