May 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks scored 155 goals in 48 games this season, second only to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It must be flabbergasting that they have only scored three times over four contests against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series, then.
The team seemed peeved after Game 4’s 2-0 loss, yet there still seems to be a belief in their talents.
“We played our tails off. We did a lot of good things. We just didn’t find the back of the net,” Toews said. “Something’s got to give. We’re too good a team, too much talent. For as hard as we’re working, something’s got to go our way.”
Corey Crawford agreed, noting that the team hit three posts and just didn’t seem to get the bounces.
Most specifically, their seems to be some angst about the team’s power play, which is 1-for-12 in the series (with the only goal coming via a 4-1 victory in Game 1).
“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Keith said. “Same thing every time. It’s not good.”
“It’s not working.”
Whether it’s making alterations or hoping for better puck luck, Chicago needs to turn things around right away. At least they seem pretty optimistic that it can happen, though.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)