May 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks scored 155 goals in 48 games this season, second only to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It must be flabbergasting that they have only scored three times over four contests against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series, then.
The team seemed peeved after Game 4’s 2-0 loss, yet there still seems to be a belief in their talents.
“We played our tails off. We did a lot of good things. We just didn’t find the back of the net,” Toews said. “Something’s got to give. We’re too good a team, too much talent. For as hard as we’re working, something’s got to go our way.”
Corey Crawford agreed, noting that the team hit three posts and just didn’t seem to get the bounces.
Most specifically, their seems to be some angst about the team’s power play, which is 1-for-12 in the series (with the only goal coming via a 4-1 victory in Game 1).
“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Keith said. “Same thing every time. It’s not good.”
“It’s not working.”
Whether it’s making alterations or hoping for better puck luck, Chicago needs to turn things around right away. At least they seem pretty optimistic that it can happen, though.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 8
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (116)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)