May 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks scored 155 goals in 48 games this season, second only to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It must be flabbergasting that they have only scored three times over four contests against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series, then.
The team seemed peeved after Game 4′s 2-0 loss, yet there still seems to be a belief in their talents.
“We played our tails off. We did a lot of good things. We just didn’t find the back of the net,” Toews said. “Something’s got to give. We’re too good a team, too much talent. For as hard as we’re working, something’s got to go our way.”
Corey Crawford agreed, noting that the team hit three posts and just didn’t seem to get the bounces.
Most specifically, their seems to be some angst about the team’s power play, which is 1-for-12 in the series (with the only goal coming via a 4-1 victory in Game 1).
“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Keith said. “Same thing every time. It’s not good.”
“It’s not working.”
Whether it’s making alterations or hoping for better puck luck, Chicago needs to turn things around right away. At least they seem pretty optimistic that it can happen, though.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63