May 23, 2013, 6:19 PM EST
However you feel about year one of the Zach Parise-Ryan Suter era in Minnesota, there’s no denying that the Wild are spending big.* Their fans are going to have to foot more of that bill next season, as the team raised ticket prices for 2013-14 by an average of 4.5 percent, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Wild COO Matt Majka defends the price bump.
“We’re continuing to provide an improved product, and along with that sometimes comes a price increase,” Majka said. ” … We feel that we’ve stepped up as an organization in a substantial way, but we respect the choices that fans have in front of them and we will continue to work with them.”
Here’s a little more from the report:
Majka said the average price of NHL ticket prices has increased 12 percent over the past three years. He said average ticket prices for Wild games ranks between 15th and 17th in the NHL.
Much of the same roster is locked up for next season, although the Wild have some key free agent decisions to make, particularly how (or if) they’re going to bring back Niklas Backstrom and Matt Cullen.
* – CapGeek puts their spending at $70 million for this past season, ranking them third overall in the NHL.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Then again, maybe the Bobby Ryan – Mika Zibanejad – Mike Hoffman line was just that good.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
A beauty in regulation and in the shootout.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Sven Andrighetto is back up while Eric Tangradi heads to the AHL.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
They’re playing safe for “precautionary” reasons.
Dec 19, 2014, 7:43 PM EST
It’s been 2,599 days since that last happened.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
Let’s hope it’s just that type of illness …
Dec 19, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
It’s almost starting to feel like he has mutant powers.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
They recalled Alexander Wennberg and Cody Goloubef.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Is under going an MRI today.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
“As a family, we are thrilled that Dad’s quality of life has greatly improved, and his progress has exceeded our greatest expectations.”
Dec 19, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
Bring on the trade speculation.
Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
32-year-old has played in 56 career NHL contests.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
“Where’s the Tylenol?”
Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
Off to the Marlies he goes.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Jeff Schultz has been called up from AHL Manchester.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
“This is a great honor and opportunity for Mirco to represent his country,”
Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That said, might he make sense for the Bruins?
Dec 19, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist’s No. 2 returns for another year.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
Montreal’s leading scorer was hit hard by Anaheim’s Clayton Stoner.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
The Wild are getting frustrated.
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2