May 23, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
And the Detroit Red Wings aren’t taking it easy on Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford, either. Justin Abdelkader took the puck strong to the net late in the second period of Game 4 on Thursday, before whacking Crawford a few extra times after he had smothered the puck.
This caused a pile-up in front of the Blackhawks net, with Crawford taking exception.
On a much larger scale, the Red Wings have suddenly taken over this series and now have the Presidents’ Trophy winners from the regular season on the brink of elimination in the second round of the post-season, thanks to a 2-0 victory Thursday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 4
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 31
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)