May 23, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
And the Detroit Red Wings aren’t taking it easy on Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford, either. Justin Abdelkader took the puck strong to the net late in the second period of Game 4 on Thursday, before whacking Crawford a few extra times after he had smothered the puck.
This caused a pile-up in front of the Blackhawks net, with Crawford taking exception.
On a much larger scale, the Red Wings have suddenly taken over this series and now have the Presidents’ Trophy winners from the regular season on the brink of elimination in the second round of the post-season, thanks to a 2-0 victory Thursday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)