May 23, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
And the Detroit Red Wings aren’t taking it easy on Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford, either. Justin Abdelkader took the puck strong to the net late in the second period of Game 4 on Thursday, before whacking Crawford a few extra times after he had smothered the puck.
This caused a pile-up in front of the Blackhawks net, with Crawford taking exception.
On a much larger scale, the Red Wings have suddenly taken over this series and now have the Presidents’ Trophy winners from the regular season on the brink of elimination in the second round of the post-season, thanks to a 2-0 victory Thursday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 4
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21