May 23, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
And the Detroit Red Wings aren’t taking it easy on Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford, either. Justin Abdelkader took the puck strong to the net late in the second period of Game 4 on Thursday, before whacking Crawford a few extra times after he had smothered the puck.
This caused a pile-up in front of the Blackhawks net, with Crawford taking exception.
On a much larger scale, the Red Wings have suddenly taken over this series and now have the Presidents’ Trophy winners from the regular season on the brink of elimination in the second round of the post-season, thanks to a 2-0 victory Thursday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)