May 23, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
And the Detroit Red Wings aren’t taking it easy on Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford, either. Justin Abdelkader took the puck strong to the net late in the second period of Game 4 on Thursday, before whacking Crawford a few extra times after he had smothered the puck.
This caused a pile-up in front of the Blackhawks net, with Crawford taking exception.
On a much larger scale, the Red Wings have suddenly taken over this series and now have the Presidents’ Trophy winners from the regular season on the brink of elimination in the second round of the post-season, thanks to a 2-0 victory Thursday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 73
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)