May 23, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
In many ways, Tuukka Rask has silenced his doubters. His .930 save percentage argues that he’s been at least as strong as he was during a great 2013 season.
Newly hired Colorado Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy can attest that even the best goalies have some cringe-inducing moments, so maybe that would be some solace for Rask after allowing this blooper goal by New York Rangers forward Carl Hagelin:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Boston Bruins still have a 2-1 lead as the third period approaches, so we’ll see if this ends up being something that “haunts” the 26-year-old netminder.
Update: It’s not all Rask’s fault, but the Rangers’ first two goals were pretty ugly:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)