May 23, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
In many ways, Tuukka Rask has silenced his doubters. His .930 save percentage argues that he’s been at least as strong as he was during a great 2013 season.
Newly hired Colorado Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy can attest that even the best goalies have some cringe-inducing moments, so maybe that would be some solace for Rask after allowing this blooper goal by New York Rangers forward Carl Hagelin:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Boston Bruins still have a 2-1 lead as the third period approaches, so we’ll see if this ends up being something that “haunts” the 26-year-old netminder.
Update: It’s not all Rask’s fault, but the Rangers’ first two goals were pretty ugly:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)