May 23, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
In many ways, Tuukka Rask has silenced his doubters. His .930 save percentage argues that he’s been at least as strong as he was during a great 2013 season.
Newly hired Colorado Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy can attest that even the best goalies have some cringe-inducing moments, so maybe that would be some solace for Rask after allowing this blooper goal by New York Rangers forward Carl Hagelin:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Boston Bruins still have a 2-1 lead as the third period approaches, so we’ll see if this ends up being something that “haunts” the 26-year-old netminder.
Update: It’s not all Rask’s fault, but the Rangers’ first two goals were pretty ugly:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)