May 23, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
In many ways, Tuukka Rask has silenced his doubters. His .930 save percentage argues that he’s been at least as strong as he was during a great 2013 season.
Newly hired Colorado Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy can attest that even the best goalies have some cringe-inducing moments, so maybe that would be some solace for Rask after allowing this blooper goal by New York Rangers forward Carl Hagelin:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Boston Bruins still have a 2-1 lead as the third period approaches, so we’ll see if this ends up being something that “haunts” the 26-year-old netminder.
Update: It’s not all Rask’s fault, but the Rangers’ first two goals were pretty ugly:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)