May 23, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Ottawa forced Game 3 on Sunday to overtime on the strength of Daniel Alfredsson‘s shorthanded goal. The Senators ended up winning that contest in double overtime to reduce Pittsburgh’s series lead to 2-1.
Things obviously didn’t go nearly as well for them in Game 4, but the Senators looked good at first.
Mere minutes into tonight’s contest and down a man, Alfredsson fed the puck to Milan Michalek in the Senators’ zone. Michalek charged past the Penguins’ defenders and potted a shorthanded goal to give Ottawa a 1-0 lead:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Pittsburgh fought back and had a 4-2 lead as they approached the midway point of the third. Ottawa was given a chance to cut the led in half after Penguins defenseman Matt Niskanen was charged for tripping.
You can see both of those goals below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)