May 23, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
Midway through the second period, with the Pittsburgh Penguins only up by one goal, Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson started to hop to the bench. The natural fear was that he suffered a significant injury and would miss the rest of the game.
The truth proved to be more bizarre, as you can see below:
Alfredsson went on to score a power-play goal — the 100th playoff point of his career.
It was too little, too late though in Pittsburgh’s 7-3 victory.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63