May 23, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
Midway through the second period, with the Pittsburgh Penguins only up by one goal, Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson started to hop to the bench. The natural fear was that he suffered a significant injury and would miss the rest of the game.
The truth proved to be more bizarre, as you can see below:
Alfredsson went on to score a power-play goal — the 100th playoff point of his career.
It was too little, too late though in Pittsburgh’s 7-3 victory.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)