May 23, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
Midway through the second period, with the Pittsburgh Penguins only up by one goal, Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson started to hop to the bench. The natural fear was that he suffered a significant injury and would miss the rest of the game.
The truth proved to be more bizarre, as you can see below:
Alfredsson went on to score a power-play goal — the 100th playoff point of his career.
It was too little, too late though in Pittsburgh’s 7-3 victory.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38