May 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella made big-money forward Brad Richards a healthy scratch in an eventual Game 4 win, but he insists that the two remain tight.
Naturally, he insisted in a boisterous and profane way, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports.
“I love that guy,” Tortorella said. “I’ve grown up with that guy. Kiss my [expletive deleted] if you’ve written anything differently.”
It’s not the first time Torts’ comments have needed a parental advisory, and with the second-round series extended for at least one more contest, it might not be the last.
Of course, the bigger question is: will his buddy appear in Game 5? Tortorella didn’t provide an answer on Thursday.
He’s willing to admit that he is relieved that the Rangers avoided elimination, however.
“I’m happy for them,” Tortorella said. “They’re still breathing.”
Also still alive: the “what will Tortorella say next?” game.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
He was taken with the ninth overall selection.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
What kind of contract is he looking at?
Jul 7, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
At one time he was regarded as a contender to be the Buffalo Sabres’ new bench boss.
Jul 7, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
Both contracts are two-ways.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
That might take a while.
Jul 7, 2015, 5:19 PM EDT
The doctor, Kozlov, allegedly has a suspected head injury.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Backes and Schwartz have one season left on their contracts.
Jul 7, 2015, 2:38 PM EDT
Was most recently an assistant under Randy Carlyle in Toronto.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Coming off a 37-goal season.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
“He’s a reliable depth forward who we know is capable of contributing offensively at either level.”
Jul 7, 2015, 12:41 PM EDT
It’s been a long negotiation.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Stepped in to play the final four games of the Stanley Cup Final.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
Milwaukee is trying to get a new arena built.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Jarmo Kekalainen brings a local boy into the organization.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
“He’s obviously a great talent.”
Jul 7, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
In ESPN’s The Body Issue, of course.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:22 PM EDT
“It happened pretty fast. All of a sudden two fingers are not working.”
Jul 6, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
25-year-old defenseman struggled mightily last season.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
Connor McDavid’s running mate in Erie was the OHL’s leading scorer last season.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Quebec City and Las Vegas have already expressed interest.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)