May 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EST
New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella made big-money forward Brad Richards a healthy scratch in an eventual Game 4 win, but he insists that the two remain tight.
Naturally, he insisted in a boisterous and profane way, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports.
“I love that guy,” Tortorella said. “I’ve grown up with that guy. Kiss my [expletive deleted] if you’ve written anything differently.”
It’s not the first time Torts’ comments have needed a parental advisory, and with the second-round series extended for at least one more contest, it might not be the last.
Of course, the bigger question is: will his buddy appear in Game 5? Tortorella didn’t provide an answer on Thursday.
He’s willing to admit that he is relieved that the Rangers avoided elimination, however.
“I’m happy for them,” Tortorella said. “They’re still breathing.”
Also still alive: the “what will Tortorella say next?” game.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11