May 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella made big-money forward Brad Richards a healthy scratch in an eventual Game 4 win, but he insists that the two remain tight.
Naturally, he insisted in a boisterous and profane way, as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports.
“I love that guy,” Tortorella said. “I’ve grown up with that guy. Kiss my [expletive deleted] if you’ve written anything differently.”
It’s not the first time Torts’ comments have needed a parental advisory, and with the second-round series extended for at least one more contest, it might not be the last.
Of course, the bigger question is: will his buddy appear in Game 5? Tortorella didn’t provide an answer on Thursday.
He’s willing to admit that he is relieved that the Rangers avoided elimination, however.
“I’m happy for them,” Tortorella said. “They’re still breathing.”
Also still alive: the “what will Tortorella say next?” game.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22