May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Earlier today, we passed along a report of Sharks forward Logan Couture accusing Kings captain Dustin Brown of diving.
Turns out there’s more!
“What kind of bugs me about him, I don’t know if I should say it, but a little embellishment every now and then,” Galiardi told the San Jose Mercury News. “You skate by and you don’t even touch him or you barely even touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air.”
Galiardi was in Quick’s kitchen early and often in Game 4.
It began with this:
And culminated with Galiardi getting a goalie interference call midway through the second period — a call Galiardi said Quick sold to the officials.
“The thing is, with video, something we like to say around here is ball don’t lie,” Galiardi explained. “It’s an old basketball term, but when you watch the video, the video doesn’t lie.
“So I’m skating by and I barely touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air, it’s kind of one of those things — he looks bad on video, not me.”
L.A. defenseman Drew Doughty said we should consider the source of said complaints.
“It’s not even playoff talk,” Doughty told The Times. “It’s just funny to even hear that from a guy who is the biggest diver on their team.
“Like it’s just ridiculous he can even say that, to be honest.”
The Sharks and Kings will do battle in
the men’s 3-meter springboard Game 5 tonight from the Staples Center.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12