May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a report of Sharks forward Logan Couture accusing Kings captain Dustin Brown of diving.
Turns out there’s more!
“What kind of bugs me about him, I don’t know if I should say it, but a little embellishment every now and then,” Galiardi told the San Jose Mercury News. “You skate by and you don’t even touch him or you barely even touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air.”
Galiardi was in Quick’s kitchen early and often in Game 4.
It began with this:
And culminated with Galiardi getting a goalie interference call midway through the second period — a call Galiardi said Quick sold to the officials.
“The thing is, with video, something we like to say around here is ball don’t lie,” Galiardi explained. “It’s an old basketball term, but when you watch the video, the video doesn’t lie.
“So I’m skating by and I barely touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air, it’s kind of one of those things — he looks bad on video, not me.”
L.A. defenseman Drew Doughty said we should consider the source of said complaints.
“It’s not even playoff talk,” Doughty told The Times. “It’s just funny to even hear that from a guy who is the biggest diver on their team.
“Like it’s just ridiculous he can even say that, to be honest.”
The Sharks and Kings will do battle in
the men’s 3-meter springboard Game 5 tonight from the Staples Center.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)