May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a report of Sharks forward Logan Couture accusing Kings captain Dustin Brown of diving.
Turns out there’s more!
“What kind of bugs me about him, I don’t know if I should say it, but a little embellishment every now and then,” Galiardi told the San Jose Mercury News. “You skate by and you don’t even touch him or you barely even touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air.”
Galiardi was in Quick’s kitchen early and often in Game 4.
It began with this:
And culminated with Galiardi getting a goalie interference call midway through the second period — a call Galiardi said Quick sold to the officials.
“The thing is, with video, something we like to say around here is ball don’t lie,” Galiardi explained. “It’s an old basketball term, but when you watch the video, the video doesn’t lie.
“So I’m skating by and I barely touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air, it’s kind of one of those things — he looks bad on video, not me.”
L.A. defenseman Drew Doughty said we should consider the source of said complaints.
“It’s not even playoff talk,” Doughty told The Times. “It’s just funny to even hear that from a guy who is the biggest diver on their team.
“Like it’s just ridiculous he can even say that, to be honest.”
The Sharks and Kings will do battle in
the men’s 3-meter springboard Game 5 tonight from the Staples Center.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 1
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)