May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a report of Sharks forward Logan Couture accusing Kings captain Dustin Brown of diving.
Turns out there’s more!
“What kind of bugs me about him, I don’t know if I should say it, but a little embellishment every now and then,” Galiardi told the San Jose Mercury News. “You skate by and you don’t even touch him or you barely even touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air.”
Galiardi was in Quick’s kitchen early and often in Game 4.
It began with this:
And culminated with Galiardi getting a goalie interference call midway through the second period — a call Galiardi said Quick sold to the officials.
“The thing is, with video, something we like to say around here is ball don’t lie,” Galiardi explained. “It’s an old basketball term, but when you watch the video, the video doesn’t lie.
“So I’m skating by and I barely touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air, it’s kind of one of those things — he looks bad on video, not me.”
L.A. defenseman Drew Doughty said we should consider the source of said complaints.
“It’s not even playoff talk,” Doughty told The Times. “It’s just funny to even hear that from a guy who is the biggest diver on their team.
“Like it’s just ridiculous he can even say that, to be honest.”
The Sharks and Kings will do battle in
the men’s 3-meter springboard Game 5 tonight from the Staples Center.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35