May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Earlier today, we passed along a report of Sharks forward Logan Couture accusing Kings captain Dustin Brown of diving.
Turns out there’s more!
“What kind of bugs me about him, I don’t know if I should say it, but a little embellishment every now and then,” Galiardi told the San Jose Mercury News. “You skate by and you don’t even touch him or you barely even touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air.”
Galiardi was in Quick’s kitchen early and often in Game 4.
It began with this:
And culminated with Galiardi getting a goalie interference call midway through the second period — a call Galiardi said Quick sold to the officials.
“The thing is, with video, something we like to say around here is ball don’t lie,” Galiardi explained. “It’s an old basketball term, but when you watch the video, the video doesn’t lie.
“So I’m skating by and I barely touch him and he’s throwing his hands in the air, it’s kind of one of those things — he looks bad on video, not me.”
L.A. defenseman Drew Doughty said we should consider the source of said complaints.
“It’s not even playoff talk,” Doughty told The Times. “It’s just funny to even hear that from a guy who is the biggest diver on their team.
“Like it’s just ridiculous he can even say that, to be honest.”
The Sharks and Kings will do battle in
the men’s 3-meter springboard Game 5 tonight from the Staples Center.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)