May 23, 2013, 11:44 PM EST
There are strange goals in hockey, and then there are the strange goals that completely change the momentum of a game.
The goal got the New York Rangers on the board, when they were trailing 2-0 early in the second period of a must-win game.
The Rangers went on to win the game in overtime, staving off elimination and forcing a Game 5 in the Eastern Conference semifinal.
Lundqvist then added that goal, “…probably the ugliest goal I’ve ever seen.”
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2