May 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Two days ago, we learned the Dallas Stars would be unveiling new uniforms on June 4.
Today, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes announcing they’ll be unveiling new duds…on June 4.
From the club’s website:
This marks the first significant uniform alteration – from the home and road sweaters to the pants to the socks – in the team’s 15-year North Carolina history. The team’s primary logo and colors will remain intact. Beginning Friday, May 24, teaser swatches of the new uniforms will be posted each day.
Since I don’t really have much to add about this, here are some highlights from the Hurricanes’ first ever game in 1997.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)