May 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Two days ago, we learned the Dallas Stars would be unveiling new uniforms on June 4.
Today, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes announcing they’ll be unveiling new duds…on June 4.
From the club’s website:
This marks the first significant uniform alteration – from the home and road sweaters to the pants to the socks – in the team’s 15-year North Carolina history. The team’s primary logo and colors will remain intact. Beginning Friday, May 24, teaser swatches of the new uniforms will be posted each day.
Since I don’t really have much to add about this, here are some highlights from the Hurricanes’ first ever game in 1997.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 12
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 5
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 51
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (54)