May 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Two days ago, we learned the Dallas Stars would be unveiling new uniforms on June 4.
Today, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes announcing they’ll be unveiling new duds…on June 4.
From the club’s website:
This marks the first significant uniform alteration – from the home and road sweaters to the pants to the socks – in the team’s 15-year North Carolina history. The team’s primary logo and colors will remain intact. Beginning Friday, May 24, teaser swatches of the new uniforms will be posted each day.
Since I don’t really have much to add about this, here are some highlights from the Hurricanes’ first ever game in 1997.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)