May 23, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Two days ago, we learned the Dallas Stars would be unveiling new uniforms on June 4.
Today, it’s the Carolina Hurricanes announcing they’ll be unveiling new duds…on June 4.
From the club’s website:
This marks the first significant uniform alteration – from the home and road sweaters to the pants to the socks – in the team’s 15-year North Carolina history. The team’s primary logo and colors will remain intact. Beginning Friday, May 24, teaser swatches of the new uniforms will be posted each day.
Since I don’t really have much to add about this, here are some highlights from the Hurricanes’ first ever game in 1997.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)