May 23, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Torey Krug might be the surprise rookie addition of the 2013 playoffs, but one of the out-of-left-field guys from 2012 kept the New York Rangers alive in their second-round series against the Boston Bruins. Chris Kreider scored the winner to give the Rangers a 4-3 OT victory, helping New York avoid a humiliating sweep.
- So, how much will people make of that embarrassing Tuukka Rask goal? The Boston Bruins might have some serious regrets as some sloppiness probably cost them a break before the Eastern Conference finals … or dare we say, more?
- Let’s start the inevitable questions with one about Rask. The Bruins gave up a 3-0 series lead in a second-round series against the Philadelphia Flyers. Are there any worries among Boston fans after this loss?
- Here’s another one: should John Tortorella dress Brad Richards in Game 5? What about peripheral guys like Aaron Asham?
- Did the Rangers figure things out on the PP? Brian Boyle‘s goal was almost as big as he is.
- Tyler Seguin finally broke through with a goal on the power-play. He’s been generating chances but hasn’t had much luck. Do you expect his scoring to really pick up now that he got that first tally off of his back?
- Is there any concern about Zdeno Chara wearing down? He’s been playing big minutes so far and was on the ice for Kreider’s winner.
- What kind of chance do you give the Rangers to come back? They did rally from down 2-0 against the Washington Captials, after all?
Mar 26, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully we realize that, come together and allow this group to stay together.”
Mar 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
An interesting comment from his agent.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 26, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“We are all thinking the same way and going the same direction.”
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
Mar 26, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Colgate standout inks deal, will report to team.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Well, that clears it up.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Was a Hobey Baker and Mike Richter Award finalist in 2014.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Click for the video explanation.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely and until the continuing legal process is completed, we will have no further comment.”
Mar 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
He was the club’s third-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
It’s been a while.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Triple Gold Club member won a World Championship and Olympic Gold in 2006, and a Stanley Cup in 2008.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The B’s are desperate for a win.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
“He was abusive to the staff at the casino, and when officers tried to take him into custody, he bit one of them on the finger.”
Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
He’ll report directly to the NHL club.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Shattenkirk was having a tremendous season before he got hurt.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
It got the ball rolling in Edmonton’s 4-3 win over Colorado.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 AM EDT
Not even two goals from Deryk Engelland could give Calgary the win.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)