May 23, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
Torey Krug might be the surprise rookie addition of the 2013 playoffs, but one of the out-of-left-field guys from 2012 kept the New York Rangers alive in their second-round series against the Boston Bruins. Chris Kreider scored the winner to give the Rangers a 4-3 OT victory, helping New York avoid a humiliating sweep.
- So, how much will people make of that embarrassing Tuukka Rask goal? The Boston Bruins might have some serious regrets as some sloppiness probably cost them a break before the Eastern Conference finals … or dare we say, more?
- Let’s start the inevitable questions with one about Rask. The Bruins gave up a 3-0 series lead in a second-round series against the Philadelphia Flyers. Are there any worries among Boston fans after this loss?
- Here’s another one: should John Tortorella dress Brad Richards in Game 5? What about peripheral guys like Aaron Asham?
- Did the Rangers figure things out on the PP? Brian Boyle‘s goal was almost as big as he is.
- Tyler Seguin finally broke through with a goal on the power-play. He’s been generating chances but hasn’t had much luck. Do you expect his scoring to really pick up now that he got that first tally off of his back?
- Is there any concern about Zdeno Chara wearing down? He’s been playing big minutes so far and was on the ice for Kreider’s winner.
- What kind of chance do you give the Rangers to come back? They did rally from down 2-0 against the Washington Captials, after all?
Dec 10, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
If he’s not available, the Bruins will need to call up a defenseman.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
Playing at least one more season would likely make him Ottawa’s all-time games leader.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:47 AM EST
Both teams have struggled lately.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:41 AM EST
Vancouver is getting in the thick of things.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
The Ducks are 11-0-2 in Anaheim this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
He could miss more time, too.
Dec 9, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
No timeline yet for his return from various ailments.
Dec 9, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
Ottawa wins shootout by slim margin.
Dec 9, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
They’ve won six straight games at home.
Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
There’s a chance Zbynek Michalek could be back, though.
Dec 9, 2013, 9:27 PM EST
First bout for Couturier, fourth for Turris.
Dec 9, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Quite a way to end Columbus’ 162-minute shutout streak.
Dec 9, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
NHL’s Board of Governors ratified the Canadian TV deal.
Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
“Well that’s just super,” the Blue Jackets probably didn’t say.
Dec 9, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
“There are other ways to respond.”
Dec 9, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
Adding some toughness.
Dec 9, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Red Wings actually fared well in his absence.
Dec 9, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Jon Cooper knows it could be a lot worse.
Dec 9, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
“We’re pretty frustrated,” said Ryan McDonagh.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 123
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (123)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)