May 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Couture accused the Kings captain of diving during San Jose’s 2-1 win in Game 4 on Tuesday, and chalked it up to Brown’s preferred style of play.
“[Brown] saw me. I wasn’t looking, he saw me and hit me, and dove after the hit to make it look like he ran into me,” Couture told CSN Bay Area. “That’s the way he plays.”
Here’s the incident in question, which occurred early in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was no penalty on the play, but it was indicative of the tremendously physical affair. The two teams combined for 89 hits — 53 of them coming from the Kings.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)