May 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Couture accused the Kings captain of diving during San Jose’s 2-1 win in Game 4 on Tuesday, and chalked it up to Brown’s preferred style of play.
“[Brown] saw me. I wasn’t looking, he saw me and hit me, and dove after the hit to make it look like he ran into me,” Couture told CSN Bay Area. “That’s the way he plays.”
Here’s the incident in question, which occurred early in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was no penalty on the play, but it was indicative of the tremendously physical affair. The two teams combined for 89 hits — 53 of them coming from the Kings.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)