May 23, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That appears to be the Boston Bruins’ mantra on Thursday, as the club looks unlikely to make any changes on defense for tonight’s potential series-clinching game at MSG.
The pair haven’t dressed for a single contest against the Rangers — along with fellow blueliner Andrew Ference — but have been capably replaced by the trio of Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug.
It’s apparent that Seidenberg and Redden are close to returning, as both traveled with the team to New York and have been skating for days.
But with a commanding 3-0 series lead, there’s little pressure on the B’s to get either guy back in the lineup — in fact, with a sweep on the horzion, the Bruins are looking at the potential for a nice period of rest before the Eastern Conference finals begin.
Of course, the Bruins aren’t counting their chickens.
“That’s going to be our focus tonight: getting the job done,” Milan Lucic told CSNNE. “You need to focus on the little things, and what’s made us successful to this point. You can’t focus on the big picture right now.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)