May 22, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Just in time to address those Quebec City rumors, Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is expected today to meet with his coaching staff — including head coach Dave Tippett — to provide an update on the team’s ongoing ownership situation.
If Tippett doesn’t remain with the Phoenix organization, there are head-coaching vacancies in Dallas and Colorado, plus a potential opening in Vancouver.
Earlier this week, Tippett told Fox Sports Arizona that the plan is to “just stay in a holding pattern until the end of June and see how things work out.”
Tippett was the NHL’s coach of the year in 2010 and has consistently earned praise for helping the Coyotes succeed on the ice despite financial limitations and other related distractions.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)