May 22, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
Just in time to address those Quebec City rumors, Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is expected today to meet with his coaching staff — including head coach Dave Tippett — to provide an update on the team’s ongoing ownership situation.
If Tippett doesn’t remain with the Phoenix organization, there are head-coaching vacancies in Dallas and Colorado, plus a potential opening in Vancouver.
Earlier this week, Tippett told Fox Sports Arizona that the plan is to “just stay in a holding pattern until the end of June and see how things work out.”
Tippett was the NHL’s coach of the year in 2010 and has consistently earned praise for helping the Coyotes succeed on the ice despite financial limitations and other related distractions.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11