May 22, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Just in time to address those Quebec City rumors, Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is expected today to meet with his coaching staff — including head coach Dave Tippett — to provide an update on the team’s ongoing ownership situation.
If Tippett doesn’t remain with the Phoenix organization, there are head-coaching vacancies in Dallas and Colorado, plus a potential opening in Vancouver.
Earlier this week, Tippett told Fox Sports Arizona that the plan is to “just stay in a holding pattern until the end of June and see how things work out.”
Tippett was the NHL’s coach of the year in 2010 and has consistently earned praise for helping the Coyotes succeed on the ice despite financial limitations and other related distractions.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2