May 22, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
Just in time to address those Quebec City rumors, Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is expected today to meet with his coaching staff — including head coach Dave Tippett — to provide an update on the team’s ongoing ownership situation.
If Tippett doesn’t remain with the Phoenix organization, there are head-coaching vacancies in Dallas and Colorado, plus a potential opening in Vancouver.
Earlier this week, Tippett told Fox Sports Arizona that the plan is to “just stay in a holding pattern until the end of June and see how things work out.”
Tippett was the NHL’s coach of the year in 2010 and has consistently earned praise for helping the Coyotes succeed on the ice despite financial limitations and other related distractions.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 0
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16