May 22, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
Just in time to address those Quebec City rumors, Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is expected today to meet with his coaching staff — including head coach Dave Tippett — to provide an update on the team’s ongoing ownership situation.
If Tippett doesn’t remain with the Phoenix organization, there are head-coaching vacancies in Dallas and Colorado, plus a potential opening in Vancouver.
Earlier this week, Tippett told Fox Sports Arizona that the plan is to “just stay in a holding pattern until the end of June and see how things work out.”
Tippett was the NHL’s coach of the year in 2010 and has consistently earned praise for helping the Coyotes succeed on the ice despite financial limitations and other related distractions.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)