May 22, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
There has been no shortage of players and coaches complaining about about some of the calls NHL referees have made during the 2013 postseason. Is that just to be expected as people vent and perhaps participate in a bit of gamesmanship or is this a significant problem that needs addressing?
Additionally, is this a question of just some controversial calls or is it also a matter of consistency too? And if it’s both, what can be done to fix it?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackled those questions in the latest edition of PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 6
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5