May 22, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
There has been no shortage of players and coaches complaining about about some of the calls NHL referees have made during the 2013 postseason. Is that just to be expected as people vent and perhaps participate in a bit of gamesmanship or is this a significant problem that needs addressing?
Additionally, is this a question of just some controversial calls or is it also a matter of consistency too? And if it’s both, what can be done to fix it?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackled those questions in the latest edition of PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)