May 22, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
There has been no shortage of players and coaches complaining about about some of the calls NHL referees have made during the 2013 postseason. Is that just to be expected as people vent and perhaps participate in a bit of gamesmanship or is this a significant problem that needs addressing?
Additionally, is this a question of just some controversial calls or is it also a matter of consistency too? And if it’s both, what can be done to fix it?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackled those questions in the latest edition of PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 3
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 2
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)