May 22, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
One goal separated the L.A. Kings from potentially sending Game 4 of their Western Conference semifinal with the San Jose Sharks to overtime.
This only magnifies what took place in the second period of Tuesday’s game, which ended in a 2-1 loss for the Kings. The best-of-seven series is now tied at two-games apiece.
With just under 14 minutes remaining in the second period, and down two goals, the Kings appeared to get on the board with a goal of their own.
A point shut made its way through Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi and the puck was clearly loose, on its way to the goal line, when the play was blown dead.
Kings’ forward Dustin Penner got his stick on the puck, banging it into the open the net, however the whistle had already gone.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)