May 22, 2013, 1:29 AM EST
One goal separated the L.A. Kings from potentially sending Game 4 of their Western Conference semifinal with the San Jose Sharks to overtime.
This only magnifies what took place in the second period of Tuesday’s game, which ended in a 2-1 loss for the Kings. The best-of-seven series is now tied at two-games apiece.
With just under 14 minutes remaining in the second period, and down two goals, the Kings appeared to get on the board with a goal of their own.
A point shut made its way through Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi and the puck was clearly loose, on its way to the goal line, when the play was blown dead.
Kings’ forward Dustin Penner got his stick on the puck, banging it into the open the net, however the whistle had already gone.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 18
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)