May 22, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
One goal separated the L.A. Kings from potentially sending Game 4 of their Western Conference semifinal with the San Jose Sharks to overtime.
This only magnifies what took place in the second period of Tuesday’s game, which ended in a 2-1 loss for the Kings. The best-of-seven series is now tied at two-games apiece.
With just under 14 minutes remaining in the second period, and down two goals, the Kings appeared to get on the board with a goal of their own.
A point shut made its way through Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi and the puck was clearly loose, on its way to the goal line, when the play was blown dead.
Kings’ forward Dustin Penner got his stick on the puck, banging it into the open the net, however the whistle had already gone.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25