May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
To the right is a screen grab of the tweet, which has since been deleted from the Kings’ Twitter account.
Sean Gentille of the Sporting News posted the screen grab.
The tweet, which was sent out during Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinal between the Kings and San Jose Sharks, drew the ire of many on the website.
Those tasked with running the Kings’ Twitter account turned over responsibilities to Kevin Ryder, who is a co-host of the morning radio show on 106.7 KROQ FM.
The infamous tweet was picked up by Deadspin, as seen here.
The Kings later issued an apology from their Twitter account, saying they “were inappropriate and do not reflect the LA Kings.”
Ryder also offered an apology online.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 14
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)