May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
To the right is a screen grab of the tweet, which has since been deleted from the Kings’ Twitter account.
Sean Gentille of the Sporting News posted the screen grab.
The tweet, which was sent out during Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinal between the Kings and San Jose Sharks, drew the ire of many on the website.
Those tasked with running the Kings’ Twitter account turned over responsibilities to Kevin Ryder, who is a co-host of the morning radio show on 106.7 KROQ FM.
The infamous tweet was picked up by Deadspin, as seen here.
The Kings later issued an apology from their Twitter account, saying they “were inappropriate and do not reflect the LA Kings.”
Ryder also offered an apology online.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5