May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
To the right is a screen grab of the tweet, which has since been deleted from the Kings’ Twitter account.
Sean Gentille of the Sporting News posted the screen grab.
The tweet, which was sent out during Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinal between the Kings and San Jose Sharks, drew the ire of many on the website.
Those tasked with running the Kings’ Twitter account turned over responsibilities to Kevin Ryder, who is a co-host of the morning radio show on 106.7 KROQ FM.
The infamous tweet was picked up by Deadspin, as seen here.
The Kings later issued an apology from their Twitter account, saying they “were inappropriate and do not reflect the LA Kings.”
Ryder also offered an apology online.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)