May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
To the right is a screen grab of the tweet, which has since been deleted from the Kings’ Twitter account.
Sean Gentille of the Sporting News posted the screen grab.
The tweet, which was sent out during Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinal between the Kings and San Jose Sharks, drew the ire of many on the website.
Those tasked with running the Kings’ Twitter account turned over responsibilities to Kevin Ryder, who is a co-host of the morning radio show on 106.7 KROQ FM.
The infamous tweet was picked up by Deadspin, as seen here.
The Kings later issued an apology from their Twitter account, saying they “were inappropriate and do not reflect the LA Kings.”
Ryder also offered an apology online.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)