May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
To the right is a screen grab of the tweet, which has since been deleted from the Kings’ Twitter account.
Sean Gentille of the Sporting News posted the screen grab.
The tweet, which was sent out during Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinal between the Kings and San Jose Sharks, drew the ire of many on the website.
Those tasked with running the Kings’ Twitter account turned over responsibilities to Kevin Ryder, who is a co-host of the morning radio show on 106.7 KROQ FM.
The infamous tweet was picked up by Deadspin, as seen here.
The Kings later issued an apology from their Twitter account, saying they “were inappropriate and do not reflect the LA Kings.”
Ryder also offered an apology online.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)