May 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Senators coach Paul MacLean wasn’t interested in answering any questions following Ottawa’s 7-3 defeat against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Do you want to know what went wrong?
“Everything’s right here,” MacLean said while pointing to the game sheet. “It’s 7-3. See you in Pittsburgh. We’re going to Pittsburgh, and we’re coming to play.”
And that was it.
MacLean’s Senators got off to a great start, but were overwhelmed by the Penguins in the third period. Ottawa is now down 3-1 in their second-round series.
Still, MacLean’s clearly not giving up.
Coach Paul MacLean could be fined by the league for that press conference but if you don’t have anything nice to say… #Sens
— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) May 23, 2013
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 9
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)