May 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Senators coach Paul MacLean wasn’t interested in answering any questions following Ottawa’s 7-3 defeat against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Do you want to know what went wrong?
“Everything’s right here,” MacLean said while pointing to the game sheet. “It’s 7-3. See you in Pittsburgh. We’re going to Pittsburgh, and we’re coming to play.”
And that was it.
MacLean’s Senators got off to a great start, but were overwhelmed by the Penguins in the third period. Ottawa is now down 3-1 in their second-round series.
Still, MacLean’s clearly not giving up.
Coach Paul MacLean could be fined by the league for that press conference but if you don’t have anything nice to say… #Sens
— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) May 23, 2013
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 31
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 52
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)