May 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Senators coach Paul MacLean wasn’t interested in answering any questions following Ottawa’s 7-3 defeat against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Do you want to know what went wrong?
“Everything’s right here,” MacLean said while pointing to the game sheet. “It’s 7-3. See you in Pittsburgh. We’re going to Pittsburgh, and we’re coming to play.”
And that was it.
MacLean’s Senators got off to a great start, but were overwhelmed by the Penguins in the third period. Ottawa is now down 3-1 in their second-round series.
Still, MacLean’s clearly not giving up.
Coach Paul MacLean could be fined by the league for that press conference but if you don’t have anything nice to say… #Sens
— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) May 23, 2013
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)