May 22, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
“They have too much depth,” Alfredsson admitted. Although he did add, “We don’t have much going for us right now. Maybe that’s the way we like it.”
Alfredsson is 40 years old and his contract is set to expire this summer. Although the Senators would almost certainly re-sign him if he decides to extend his career, there’s a very real possibility that he’s played in his last game in Ottawa’s Scotiabank Place.
Was that on his mind when Alfredsson decided to take the puck at the end of the game? If it was, he’s not admitting to it.
Alfredsson also stated, “The focus goes into this game. Whatever happens, happens.”
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7