May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Dallas Stars president Jim Lites wants to expand the team’s “footprint from New Orleans to Tulsa to Houston and beyond.” (Dallas Morning News)
Brenden Morrow left Tuesday’s practice early. It’s believed that he might be playing through an upper-body injury, but naturally Penguins coach Dan Bylsma isn’t providing injury information during the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Prospects Magnus Nygren and Sebastian Collberg have signed with the Montreal Canadiens. (NHL.com)
Here is a montage of the Detroit Red Wings’ recent successes in the playoffs:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was some interesting news yesterday regarding the possibility of Patrick Roy becoming the Avalanche’s next head coach. Although it’s not clear how likely a deal is at this point, it sounds like Roy is a strong candidate for the gig. (Denver Post)
Highlights from San Jose’s 2-1 victory over Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5