May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Dallas Stars president Jim Lites wants to expand the team’s “footprint from New Orleans to Tulsa to Houston and beyond.” (Dallas Morning News)
Brenden Morrow left Tuesday’s practice early. It’s believed that he might be playing through an upper-body injury, but naturally Penguins coach Dan Bylsma isn’t providing injury information during the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Prospects Magnus Nygren and Sebastian Collberg have signed with the Montreal Canadiens. (NHL.com)
Here is a montage of the Detroit Red Wings’ recent successes in the playoffs:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was some interesting news yesterday regarding the possibility of Patrick Roy becoming the Avalanche’s next head coach. Although it’s not clear how likely a deal is at this point, it sounds like Roy is a strong candidate for the gig. (Denver Post)
Highlights from San Jose’s 2-1 victory over Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)