May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Dallas Stars president Jim Lites wants to expand the team’s “footprint from New Orleans to Tulsa to Houston and beyond.” (Dallas Morning News)
Brenden Morrow left Tuesday’s practice early. It’s believed that he might be playing through an upper-body injury, but naturally Penguins coach Dan Bylsma isn’t providing injury information during the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Prospects Magnus Nygren and Sebastian Collberg have signed with the Montreal Canadiens. (NHL.com)
Here is a montage of the Detroit Red Wings’ recent successes in the playoffs:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was some interesting news yesterday regarding the possibility of Patrick Roy becoming the Avalanche’s next head coach. Although it’s not clear how likely a deal is at this point, it sounds like Roy is a strong candidate for the gig. (Denver Post)
Highlights from San Jose’s 2-1 victory over Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 0
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)