May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Dallas Stars president Jim Lites wants to expand the team’s “footprint from New Orleans to Tulsa to Houston and beyond.” (Dallas Morning News)
Brenden Morrow left Tuesday’s practice early. It’s believed that he might be playing through an upper-body injury, but naturally Penguins coach Dan Bylsma isn’t providing injury information during the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Prospects Magnus Nygren and Sebastian Collberg have signed with the Montreal Canadiens. (NHL.com)
Here is a montage of the Detroit Red Wings’ recent successes in the playoffs:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was some interesting news yesterday regarding the possibility of Patrick Roy becoming the Avalanche’s next head coach. Although it’s not clear how likely a deal is at this point, it sounds like Roy is a strong candidate for the gig. (Denver Post)
Highlights from San Jose’s 2-1 victory over Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 19
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11