May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Dallas Stars president Jim Lites wants to expand the team’s “footprint from New Orleans to Tulsa to Houston and beyond.” (Dallas Morning News)
Brenden Morrow left Tuesday’s practice early. It’s believed that he might be playing through an upper-body injury, but naturally Penguins coach Dan Bylsma isn’t providing injury information during the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Prospects Magnus Nygren and Sebastian Collberg have signed with the Montreal Canadiens. (NHL.com)
Here is a montage of the Detroit Red Wings’ recent successes in the playoffs:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There was some interesting news yesterday regarding the possibility of Patrick Roy becoming the Avalanche’s next head coach. Although it’s not clear how likely a deal is at this point, it sounds like Roy is a strong candidate for the gig. (Denver Post)
Highlights from San Jose’s 2-1 victory over Los Angeles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)