May 22, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Darryl Sutter didn’t rant about the officials, even though a replay shows a quick whistle led to his team getting denied a goal Tuesday.
The Kings were trailing the San Jose Sharks by two goals with 13:54 remaining in the second period of Game 4 in the Western Conference semifinal series, when it appeared they scored to cut the deficit.
Instead, the play was blown dead, even though the puck from a point shot had gotten through Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi and was clearly visible, eventually knocked into the net by Dustin Penner. No goal.
The Kings went on to lose the game by a final score of 2-1, and the best-of-seven series is now tied 2-2.
“I’m sure it’s in the rule book, when the whistle goes … right?” Sutter, the Kings’ head coach, told reporters, as per NHL.com.
“What are the gonna come and tell us. They’re gonna come say they lost sight of the puck and they blew the whistle.”
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)