May 22, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
“I spoke with Jake this morning,” GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement. “He was involved in a car accident in the Czech Republic. Although his car did suffer damage, there were no injuries.
“Jake is fine.”
News of the accident was first reported by Czech media outlet Sport.cz, which included pictures of the accident site:
Details from the Czech report haven’t been confirmed, but a Google translate says Voracek collided with a lorry/truck and that alcohol wasn’t a factor.
The collision occurred at 11:30 a.m. local time.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)