May 22, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
“I spoke with Jake this morning,” GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement. “He was involved in a car accident in the Czech Republic. Although his car did suffer damage, there were no injuries.
“Jake is fine.”
News of the accident was first reported by Czech media outlet Sport.cz, which included pictures of the accident site:
Details from the Czech report haven’t been confirmed, but a Google translate says Voracek collided with a lorry/truck and that alcohol wasn’t a factor.
The collision occurred at 11:30 a.m. local time.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)