May 22, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
“I spoke with Jake this morning,” GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement. “He was involved in a car accident in the Czech Republic. Although his car did suffer damage, there were no injuries.
“Jake is fine.”
News of the accident was first reported by Czech media outlet Sport.cz, which included pictures of the accident site:
Details from the Czech report haven’t been confirmed, but a Google translate says Voracek collided with a lorry/truck and that alcohol wasn’t a factor.
The collision occurred at 11:30 a.m. local time.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 20
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 56
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)