May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
The Western Conference semifinal between the L.A.Kings and San Jose Sharks is now tied.
The Sharks grabbed a 2-0 lead and then held on to beat the Kings by a final score of 2-1 on Tuesday night, tying up the best-of-seven series at 2-2, as it shifts back to L.A. for Game 5.
Some points to discuss.
- The L.A. Kings may feel they deserve a better result, or at least overtime, after a quick whistle nullified what should’ve been an L.A. goal in the second period. The puck was clearly loose behind Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi, but play was prematurely blown dead. And so continues the storyline about officiating in these playoffs.
- Dustin Brown, it seemed, was everywhere on the ice Tuesday. He collided with Patrick Marleau in the first period, getting shaken up on the play. Brown later nailed Couture in the second period.
- Brent Burns opened the scoring, with Joe Thornton recording the assist. Thornton now has seven points in his last five playoff games.
- Is Jonathan Quick getting frustrated? He was assessed an abuse of an official penalty at the end of Game 3, and gave Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels a healthy smack in the face with his catching glove in Game 4.
- What an odd game. The Kings had nine shots on goal through the first two periods. The Sharks had eight shots on the goal through the final two periods.
- Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene returned to the Kings’ lineup for Game 4.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)