May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
The Western Conference semifinal between the L.A.Kings and San Jose Sharks is now tied.
The Sharks grabbed a 2-0 lead and then held on to beat the Kings by a final score of 2-1 on Tuesday night, tying up the best-of-seven series at 2-2, as it shifts back to L.A. for Game 5.
Some points to discuss.
- The L.A. Kings may feel they deserve a better result, or at least overtime, after a quick whistle nullified what should’ve been an L.A. goal in the second period. The puck was clearly loose behind Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi, but play was prematurely blown dead. And so continues the storyline about officiating in these playoffs.
- Dustin Brown, it seemed, was everywhere on the ice Tuesday. He collided with Patrick Marleau in the first period, getting shaken up on the play. Brown later nailed Couture in the second period.
- Brent Burns opened the scoring, with Joe Thornton recording the assist. Thornton now has seven points in his last five playoff games.
- Is Jonathan Quick getting frustrated? He was assessed an abuse of an official penalty at the end of Game 3, and gave Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels a healthy smack in the face with his catching glove in Game 4.
- What an odd game. The Kings had nine shots on goal through the first two periods. The Sharks had eight shots on the goal through the final two periods.
- Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene returned to the Kings’ lineup for Game 4.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)