May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
The Western Conference semifinal between the L.A.Kings and San Jose Sharks is now tied.
The Sharks grabbed a 2-0 lead and then held on to beat the Kings by a final score of 2-1 on Tuesday night, tying up the best-of-seven series at 2-2, as it shifts back to L.A. for Game 5.
Some points to discuss.
- The L.A. Kings may feel they deserve a better result, or at least overtime, after a quick whistle nullified what should’ve been an L.A. goal in the second period. The puck was clearly loose behind Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi, but play was prematurely blown dead. And so continues the storyline about officiating in these playoffs.
- Dustin Brown, it seemed, was everywhere on the ice Tuesday. He collided with Patrick Marleau in the first period, getting shaken up on the play. Brown later nailed Couture in the second period.
- Brent Burns opened the scoring, with Joe Thornton recording the assist. Thornton now has seven points in his last five playoff games.
- Is Jonathan Quick getting frustrated? He was assessed an abuse of an official penalty at the end of Game 3, and gave Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels a healthy smack in the face with his catching glove in Game 4.
- What an odd game. The Kings had nine shots on goal through the first two periods. The Sharks had eight shots on the goal through the final two periods.
- Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene returned to the Kings’ lineup for Game 4.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)