May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
The Western Conference semifinal between the L.A.Kings and San Jose Sharks is now tied.
The Sharks grabbed a 2-0 lead and then held on to beat the Kings by a final score of 2-1 on Tuesday night, tying up the best-of-seven series at 2-2, as it shifts back to L.A. for Game 5.
Some points to discuss.
- The L.A. Kings may feel they deserve a better result, or at least overtime, after a quick whistle nullified what should’ve been an L.A. goal in the second period. The puck was clearly loose behind Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi, but play was prematurely blown dead. And so continues the storyline about officiating in these playoffs.
- Dustin Brown, it seemed, was everywhere on the ice Tuesday. He collided with Patrick Marleau in the first period, getting shaken up on the play. Brown later nailed Couture in the second period.
- Brent Burns opened the scoring, with Joe Thornton recording the assist. Thornton now has seven points in his last five playoff games.
- Is Jonathan Quick getting frustrated? He was assessed an abuse of an official penalty at the end of Game 3, and gave Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels a healthy smack in the face with his catching glove in Game 4.
- What an odd game. The Kings had nine shots on goal through the first two periods. The Sharks had eight shots on the goal through the final two periods.
- Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene returned to the Kings’ lineup for Game 4.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)