May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
The Western Conference semifinal between the L.A.Kings and San Jose Sharks is now tied.
The Sharks grabbed a 2-0 lead and then held on to beat the Kings by a final score of 2-1 on Tuesday night, tying up the best-of-seven series at 2-2, as it shifts back to L.A. for Game 5.
Some points to discuss.
- The L.A. Kings may feel they deserve a better result, or at least overtime, after a quick whistle nullified what should’ve been an L.A. goal in the second period. The puck was clearly loose behind Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi, but play was prematurely blown dead. And so continues the storyline about officiating in these playoffs.
- Dustin Brown, it seemed, was everywhere on the ice Tuesday. He collided with Patrick Marleau in the first period, getting shaken up on the play. Brown later nailed Couture in the second period.
- Brent Burns opened the scoring, with Joe Thornton recording the assist. Thornton now has seven points in his last five playoff games.
- Is Jonathan Quick getting frustrated? He was assessed an abuse of an official penalty at the end of Game 3, and gave Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels a healthy smack in the face with his catching glove in Game 4.
- What an odd game. The Kings had nine shots on goal through the first two periods. The Sharks had eight shots on the goal through the final two periods.
- Kyle Clifford and Matt Greene returned to the Kings’ lineup for Game 4.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 123
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)