May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EST
Many Bruins fans have wondered what it will take to have the Rangers get sent to the penalty box. Apparently high-sticking the tallest player in the game isn’t one of those things.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 3, Rangers captain Ryan Callahan threw his body into Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. While finishing his check, Callahan caught Chara up high with his stick, cutting him in the process. What should’ve been a double-minor for high-sticking turned out to be a non-call.
Check it out for yourself here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)