May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Many Bruins fans have wondered what it will take to have the Rangers get sent to the penalty box. Apparently high-sticking the tallest player in the game isn’t one of those things.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 3, Rangers captain Ryan Callahan threw his body into Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. While finishing his check, Callahan caught Chara up high with his stick, cutting him in the process. What should’ve been a double-minor for high-sticking turned out to be a non-call.
Check it out for yourself here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 16
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)