May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Many Bruins fans have wondered what it will take to have the Rangers get sent to the penalty box. Apparently high-sticking the tallest player in the game isn’t one of those things.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 3, Rangers captain Ryan Callahan threw his body into Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. While finishing his check, Callahan caught Chara up high with his stick, cutting him in the process. What should’ve been a double-minor for high-sticking turned out to be a non-call.
Check it out for yourself here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)