May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Many Bruins fans have wondered what it will take to have the Rangers get sent to the penalty box. Apparently high-sticking the tallest player in the game isn’t one of those things.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 3, Rangers captain Ryan Callahan threw his body into Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. While finishing his check, Callahan caught Chara up high with his stick, cutting him in the process. What should’ve been a double-minor for high-sticking turned out to be a non-call.
Check it out for yourself here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2