May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Many Bruins fans have wondered what it will take to have the Rangers get sent to the penalty box. Apparently high-sticking the tallest player in the game isn’t one of those things.
During the first period of tonight’s Game 3, Rangers captain Ryan Callahan threw his body into Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. While finishing his check, Callahan caught Chara up high with his stick, cutting him in the process. What should’ve been a double-minor for high-sticking turned out to be a non-call.
Check it out for yourself here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40