May 21, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Of the 20 goals the San Jose Sharks have scored in the playoffs, nine of them have come on the power play.
For Sharks coach Todd McLellan, it’s a bit of a good news-bad news thing. While he loves the special-teams production, he knows he can’t count on it to last.
“There’s no guarantee you’re going to continue to get multiple goals on the power play on any given night. We have to find ways to score goals at even strength,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area.
Both of San Jose’s goals in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime victory over the Kings came with the man advantage.
“You take the power plays out of it, they win 1-0, they’re up 3-0 (in the series) and we’re in big trouble,” said McLellan. “Five on five, I liked our play. I liked the fact we did create some chances, but it has to go over the goal line for us to have success.”
In other Sharks news, Logan Couture says he’s “all good” after missing part of Game 3 with a leg injury.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)