May 21, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Of the 20 goals the San Jose Sharks have scored in the playoffs, nine of them have come on the power play.
For Sharks coach Todd McLellan, it’s a bit of a good news-bad news thing. While he loves the special-teams production, he knows he can’t count on it to last.
“There’s no guarantee you’re going to continue to get multiple goals on the power play on any given night. We have to find ways to score goals at even strength,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area.
Both of San Jose’s goals in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime victory over the Kings came with the man advantage.
“You take the power plays out of it, they win 1-0, they’re up 3-0 (in the series) and we’re in big trouble,” said McLellan. “Five on five, I liked our play. I liked the fact we did create some chances, but it has to go over the goal line for us to have success.”
In other Sharks news, Logan Couture says he’s “all good” after missing part of Game 3 with a leg injury.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)