May 21, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Of the 20 goals the San Jose Sharks have scored in the playoffs, nine of them have come on the power play.
For Sharks coach Todd McLellan, it’s a bit of a good news-bad news thing. While he loves the special-teams production, he knows he can’t count on it to last.
“There’s no guarantee you’re going to continue to get multiple goals on the power play on any given night. We have to find ways to score goals at even strength,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area.
Both of San Jose’s goals in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime victory over the Kings came with the man advantage.
“You take the power plays out of it, they win 1-0, they’re up 3-0 (in the series) and we’re in big trouble,” said McLellan. “Five on five, I liked our play. I liked the fact we did create some chances, but it has to go over the goal line for us to have success.”
In other Sharks news, Logan Couture says he’s “all good” after missing part of Game 3 with a leg injury.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 0
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 61
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 36
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (169)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (64)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)