May 21, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Of the 20 goals the San Jose Sharks have scored in the playoffs, nine of them have come on the power play.
For Sharks coach Todd McLellan, it’s a bit of a good news-bad news thing. While he loves the special-teams production, he knows he can’t count on it to last.
“There’s no guarantee you’re going to continue to get multiple goals on the power play on any given night. We have to find ways to score goals at even strength,” McLellan said today, per CSN Bay Area.
Both of San Jose’s goals in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime victory over the Kings came with the man advantage.
“You take the power plays out of it, they win 1-0, they’re up 3-0 (in the series) and we’re in big trouble,” said McLellan. “Five on five, I liked our play. I liked the fact we did create some chances, but it has to go over the goal line for us to have success.”
In other Sharks news, Logan Couture says he’s “all good” after missing part of Game 3 with a leg injury.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)