May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators won’t be losing their tough guy in Game 4.
Forward Chris Neil will be ready to go tomorrow night against Pittsburgh after getting hurt late in Game 3 courtesy of a Brooks Orpik hit. Neil told reporters today he would’ve been back in that game had it gone on longer.
“If the game went on I probably would have been back, I just didn’t get the opportunity to get back out there. We were able to pop one in and get the win so it was big for us, and I think for us we just need to put that one behind us and get ready for the next one.”
Neil has kept up the physical presence but left the shenanigans behind for the most part in this series. He has three assists in the playoffs and just one against the Penguins.
If he needed to miss Game 4, it’s not as if the Senators haven’t dealt with injuries all season and found ways to overcome them.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)