May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators won’t be losing their tough guy in Game 4.
Forward Chris Neil will be ready to go tomorrow night against Pittsburgh after getting hurt late in Game 3 courtesy of a Brooks Orpik hit. Neil told reporters today he would’ve been back in that game had it gone on longer.
“If the game went on I probably would have been back, I just didn’t get the opportunity to get back out there. We were able to pop one in and get the win so it was big for us, and I think for us we just need to put that one behind us and get ready for the next one.”
Neil has kept up the physical presence but left the shenanigans behind for the most part in this series. He has three assists in the playoffs and just one against the Penguins.
If he needed to miss Game 4, it’s not as if the Senators haven’t dealt with injuries all season and found ways to overcome them.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)