May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators won’t be losing their tough guy in Game 4.
Forward Chris Neil will be ready to go tomorrow night against Pittsburgh after getting hurt late in Game 3 courtesy of a Brooks Orpik hit. Neil told reporters today he would’ve been back in that game had it gone on longer.
“If the game went on I probably would have been back, I just didn’t get the opportunity to get back out there. We were able to pop one in and get the win so it was big for us, and I think for us we just need to put that one behind us and get ready for the next one.”
Neil has kept up the physical presence but left the shenanigans behind for the most part in this series. He has three assists in the playoffs and just one against the Penguins.
If he needed to miss Game 4, it’s not as if the Senators haven’t dealt with injuries all season and found ways to overcome them.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)