May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators won’t be losing their tough guy in Game 4.
Forward Chris Neil will be ready to go tomorrow night against Pittsburgh after getting hurt late in Game 3 courtesy of a Brooks Orpik hit. Neil told reporters today he would’ve been back in that game had it gone on longer.
“If the game went on I probably would have been back, I just didn’t get the opportunity to get back out there. We were able to pop one in and get the win so it was big for us, and I think for us we just need to put that one behind us and get ready for the next one.”
Neil has kept up the physical presence but left the shenanigans behind for the most part in this series. He has three assists in the playoffs and just one against the Penguins.
If he needed to miss Game 4, it’s not as if the Senators haven’t dealt with injuries all season and found ways to overcome them.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31