May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators won’t be losing their tough guy in Game 4.
Forward Chris Neil will be ready to go tomorrow night against Pittsburgh after getting hurt late in Game 3 courtesy of a Brooks Orpik hit. Neil told reporters today he would’ve been back in that game had it gone on longer.
“If the game went on I probably would have been back, I just didn’t get the opportunity to get back out there. We were able to pop one in and get the win so it was big for us, and I think for us we just need to put that one behind us and get ready for the next one.”
Neil has kept up the physical presence but left the shenanigans behind for the most part in this series. He has three assists in the playoffs and just one against the Penguins.
If he needed to miss Game 4, it’s not as if the Senators haven’t dealt with injuries all season and found ways to overcome them.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)