May 21, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Could Leo Komarov be on his way out of Toronto?
On Tuesday, things appeared to be headed that way — various outlets reported that Komarov was in negotiations to return to KHL club Dynamo Moscow.
#Leafs Komarov: “Won’t hide it – I’ve held negotiations with Dynamo [KHL], but I’m waiting for an offer from Toronto.” (via RIAN)
— Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) May 21, 2013
— R-Sport (@rsport_en) May 21, 2013
Komarov, 27, was selected by Toronto at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft but spent extensive time playing in the Finnish and Russian leagues before making his NHL debut this season.
He had an effective campaign for the Leafs, scoring nine points in 42 games while averaging close to 14 minutes per.
He also led all Leafs skaters with 176 hits during the regular season — fifth-most in the NHL — but was less of a factor in the postseason, averaging just over nine minutes a game while going scoreless and dishing out just 22 hits.
Komarov played this season on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63