May 21, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Could Leo Komarov be on his way out of Toronto?
On Tuesday, things appeared to be headed that way — various outlets reported that Komarov was in negotiations to return to KHL club Dynamo Moscow.
#Leafs Komarov: “Won’t hide it – I’ve held negotiations with Dynamo [KHL], but I’m waiting for an offer from Toronto.” (via RIAN)
— Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) May 21, 2013
— R-Sport (@rsport_en) May 21, 2013
Komarov, 27, was selected by Toronto at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft but spent extensive time playing in the Finnish and Russian leagues before making his NHL debut this season.
He had an effective campaign for the Leafs, scoring nine points in 42 games while averaging close to 14 minutes per.
He also led all Leafs skaters with 176 hits during the regular season — fifth-most in the NHL — but was less of a factor in the postseason, averaging just over nine minutes a game while going scoreless and dishing out just 22 hits.
Komarov played this season on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)