May 21, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Could Leo Komarov be on his way out of Toronto?
On Tuesday, things appeared to be headed that way — various outlets reported that Komarov was in negotiations to return to KHL club Dynamo Moscow.
#Leafs Komarov: “Won’t hide it – I’ve held negotiations with Dynamo [KHL], but I’m waiting for an offer from Toronto.” (via RIAN)
— Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) May 21, 2013
— R-Sport (@rsport_en) May 21, 2013
Komarov, 27, was selected by Toronto at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft but spent extensive time playing in the Finnish and Russian leagues before making his NHL debut this season.
He had an effective campaign for the Leafs, scoring nine points in 42 games while averaging close to 14 minutes per.
He also led all Leafs skaters with 176 hits during the regular season — fifth-most in the NHL — but was less of a factor in the postseason, averaging just over nine minutes a game while going scoreless and dishing out just 22 hits.
Komarov played this season on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)