May 21, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Could Leo Komarov be on his way out of Toronto?
On Tuesday, things appeared to be headed that way — various outlets reported that Komarov was in negotiations to return to KHL club Dynamo Moscow.
#Leafs Komarov: “Won’t hide it – I’ve held negotiations with Dynamo [KHL], but I’m waiting for an offer from Toronto.” (via RIAN)
— Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) May 21, 2013
— R-Sport (@rsport_en) May 21, 2013
Komarov, 27, was selected by Toronto at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft but spent extensive time playing in the Finnish and Russian leagues before making his NHL debut this season.
He had an effective campaign for the Leafs, scoring nine points in 42 games while averaging close to 14 minutes per.
He also led all Leafs skaters with 176 hits during the regular season — fifth-most in the NHL — but was less of a factor in the postseason, averaging just over nine minutes a game while going scoreless and dishing out just 22 hits.
Komarov played this season on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 13
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)