May 21, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
At least two people are confident that Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi will bounce back from a tough outing.
“He’s going to have a great game in Game 3,” said Girardi’s frequent blue-liner partner, Ryan McDonagh, yesterday.
“He’ll play his best game,” added Rangers head coach John Tortorella today.
Girardi was on the ice for all five Boston goals during Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Bruins.
NHL.com’s Dan Rosen has all the gory details:
He invaded Lundqvist’s line of sight with screens on goals by Torey Krug and Johnny Boychuk. Gregory Campbell scored after Krug’s shot from the point hit Girardi’s skate. Brad Marchand beat Girardi badly to gain inside position for a re-direct from the slot. Instead of staying on his feet to potentially clear the puck away, Girardi slid through the slot and right out of position on Milan Lucic‘s goal.
Here’s the Marchand goal:
Girardi leads all Rangers in average ice time (26:01) in the playoffs. The 29-year-old is especially key to his team’s success given Marc Staal‘s absence.
Game 3 of the Rangers-Bruins series (Boston leads, 2-0) goes tonight at Madison Square Garden.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)