May 21, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
At least two people are confident that Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi will bounce back from a tough outing.
“He’s going to have a great game in Game 3,” said Girardi’s frequent blue-liner partner, Ryan McDonagh, yesterday.
“He’ll play his best game,” added Rangers head coach John Tortorella today.
Girardi was on the ice for all five Boston goals during Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Bruins.
NHL.com’s Dan Rosen has all the gory details:
He invaded Lundqvist’s line of sight with screens on goals by Torey Krug and Johnny Boychuk. Gregory Campbell scored after Krug’s shot from the point hit Girardi’s skate. Brad Marchand beat Girardi badly to gain inside position for a re-direct from the slot. Instead of staying on his feet to potentially clear the puck away, Girardi slid through the slot and right out of position on Milan Lucic‘s goal.
Here’s the Marchand goal:
Girardi leads all Rangers in average ice time (26:01) in the playoffs. The 29-year-old is especially key to his team’s success given Marc Staal‘s absence.
Game 3 of the Rangers-Bruins series (Boston leads, 2-0) goes tonight at Madison Square Garden.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)