May 21, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
At least two people are confident that Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi will bounce back from a tough outing.
“He’s going to have a great game in Game 3,” said Girardi’s frequent blue-liner partner, Ryan McDonagh, yesterday.
“He’ll play his best game,” added Rangers head coach John Tortorella today.
Girardi was on the ice for all five Boston goals during Sunday’s 5-2 loss to the Bruins.
NHL.com’s Dan Rosen has all the gory details:
He invaded Lundqvist’s line of sight with screens on goals by Torey Krug and Johnny Boychuk. Gregory Campbell scored after Krug’s shot from the point hit Girardi’s skate. Brad Marchand beat Girardi badly to gain inside position for a re-direct from the slot. Instead of staying on his feet to potentially clear the puck away, Girardi slid through the slot and right out of position on Milan Lucic‘s goal.
Here’s the Marchand goal:
Girardi leads all Rangers in average ice time (26:01) in the playoffs. The 29-year-old is especially key to his team’s success given Marc Staal‘s absence.
Game 3 of the Rangers-Bruins series (Boston leads, 2-0) goes tonight at Madison Square Garden.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)