May 21, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Some interesting statistics about Ottawa’s 2-1 double overtime win on Sunday. (Ottawa Citizen)
Colin Greening was asked what it was like to play with fiberglass in his face. “Well, you’ve got a lot of adrenalin going through your body,” he said. “But they were only small pieces.” (Ottawa Citizen)
San Jose Sharks forward Logan Couture temporarily left Saturday’s game after crashing into the boards. He scored the overtime goal when he returned, but skipped Monday’s practice. All the same, he should play in Game 4 tonight. (CSN Bay Area)
Highlights from Detroit’s 3-1 win over Chicago:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7