May 21, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
If you’re wondering how much importance the Sharks are putting on tonight’s Game 4 against the Kings, just ask Dan Boyle.
“It has to be 2-2 when we leave here,” Boyle told CSN Bay Area on Tuesday. “Has to be.”
The Sharks head into tonight’s action down 2-1 in the series, but on a high after Saturday’s thrilling OT victory — the win kept San Jose undefeated at HP Pavilion this postseason and prevented the Kings from taking a 3-0 stranglehold over the series.
Home ice has been a major theme thus far, and it’s probably why Boyle said what he did.
The Sharks have been dynamite at the Tank during the regular season and postseason, losing just twice in regulation in 27 games.
The Kings, meanwhile, have been virtually unstoppable at Staples — they’re riding a 12-game win streak there, and had the NHL’s best home record during the regular season — so it’s understandable that the Sharks don’t want to face a potential elimination game on Thursday when the series moves back to L.A.
Also of note?
In the regular season and playoffs combined, the Sharks are 0-4 at Staples this season and have been outscored 14-7.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 9
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 8
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)