May 21, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
If you’re wondering how much importance the Sharks are putting on tonight’s Game 4 against the Kings, just ask Dan Boyle.
“It has to be 2-2 when we leave here,” Boyle told CSN Bay Area on Tuesday. “Has to be.”
The Sharks head into tonight’s action down 2-1 in the series, but on a high after Saturday’s thrilling OT victory — the win kept San Jose undefeated at HP Pavilion this postseason and prevented the Kings from taking a 3-0 stranglehold over the series.
Home ice has been a major theme thus far, and it’s probably why Boyle said what he did.
The Sharks have been dynamite at the Tank during the regular season and postseason, losing just twice in regulation in 27 games.
The Kings, meanwhile, have been virtually unstoppable at Staples — they’re riding a 12-game win streak there, and had the NHL’s best home record during the regular season — so it’s understandable that the Sharks don’t want to face a potential elimination game on Thursday when the series moves back to L.A.
Also of note?
In the regular season and playoffs combined, the Sharks are 0-4 at Staples this season and have been outscored 14-7.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)