May 21, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Trailing the Bruins, 2-0, the New York Rangers should be the more desperate team tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Just don’t tell Brad Marchand that Boston can afford to let up a bit. Not after what happened against the Maple Leafs.
“We try to learn from every situation,” said the Bruins’ forward, per CSN New England. “Being up against Toronto, we realize that let them back into it. We didn’t have the killer instinct. Whether it’s the power play or the penalty kill, we want to kill their momentum to kill their game. We want to make sure we step up and do the job. We did that last game, and we want to make sure we bring out best. They’re going to come out hard, and if we’re not prepared they’ll roll over us.”
The Bruins had a golden opportunity to make short work of the Leafs in the first round (and get some much-needed rest), but we all know how that series went.
Boston may also have noted Pittsburgh’s failure to step on Ottawa’s throat on Sunday.
The Rangers, meanwhile, are 3-0 at home during the playoffs, plus they finished the regular season with six straight wins at MSG.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)