May 21, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Trailing the Bruins, 2-0, the New York Rangers should be the more desperate team tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Just don’t tell Brad Marchand that Boston can afford to let up a bit. Not after what happened against the Maple Leafs.
“We try to learn from every situation,” said the Bruins’ forward, per CSN New England. “Being up against Toronto, we realize that let them back into it. We didn’t have the killer instinct. Whether it’s the power play or the penalty kill, we want to kill their momentum to kill their game. We want to make sure we step up and do the job. We did that last game, and we want to make sure we bring out best. They’re going to come out hard, and if we’re not prepared they’ll roll over us.”
The Bruins had a golden opportunity to make short work of the Leafs in the first round (and get some much-needed rest), but we all know how that series went.
Boston may also have noted Pittsburgh’s failure to step on Ottawa’s throat on Sunday.
The Rangers, meanwhile, are 3-0 at home during the playoffs, plus they finished the regular season with six straight wins at MSG.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)