May 21, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Trailing the Bruins, 2-0, the New York Rangers should be the more desperate team tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Just don’t tell Brad Marchand that Boston can afford to let up a bit. Not after what happened against the Maple Leafs.
“We try to learn from every situation,” said the Bruins’ forward, per CSN New England. “Being up against Toronto, we realize that let them back into it. We didn’t have the killer instinct. Whether it’s the power play or the penalty kill, we want to kill their momentum to kill their game. We want to make sure we step up and do the job. We did that last game, and we want to make sure we bring out best. They’re going to come out hard, and if we’re not prepared they’ll roll over us.”
The Bruins had a golden opportunity to make short work of the Leafs in the first round (and get some much-needed rest), but we all know how that series went.
Boston may also have noted Pittsburgh’s failure to step on Ottawa’s throat on Sunday.
The Rangers, meanwhile, are 3-0 at home during the playoffs, plus they finished the regular season with six straight wins at MSG.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)