May 21, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
It appears Dennis Seidenberg will miss his third straight game.
On Tuesday, Bruins head coach Claude Julien said he didn’t expect his veteran defenseman would be ready for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Rangers.
“I don’t think [Seidenberg] will be out for the warm-up tonight,” Julien told CSNNE. “If he plays, I’ll be as surprised as anybody else. It doesn’t look like he’ll be able to play just yet.”
The German rearguard was hurt on the opening shift of Boston’s stunning Game 7 victory over Toronto in the opening round.
There’s been little info as to what the injury is — only that it’s lower-body — but Seidenberg has been skating and traveled with the team to New York, both of which were positive signs in his recovery.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)