May 21, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
It appears Dennis Seidenberg will miss his third straight game.
On Tuesday, Bruins head coach Claude Julien said he didn’t expect his veteran defenseman would be ready for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Rangers.
“I don’t think [Seidenberg] will be out for the warm-up tonight,” Julien told CSNNE. “If he plays, I’ll be as surprised as anybody else. It doesn’t look like he’ll be able to play just yet.”
The German rearguard was hurt on the opening shift of Boston’s stunning Game 7 victory over Toronto in the opening round.
There’s been little info as to what the injury is — only that it’s lower-body — but Seidenberg has been skating and traveled with the team to New York, both of which were positive signs in his recovery.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)