May 21, 2013, 1:17 PM EST
It appears Dennis Seidenberg will miss his third straight game.
On Tuesday, Bruins head coach Claude Julien said he didn’t expect his veteran defenseman would be ready for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Rangers.
“I don’t think [Seidenberg] will be out for the warm-up tonight,” Julien told CSNNE. “If he plays, I’ll be as surprised as anybody else. It doesn’t look like he’ll be able to play just yet.”
The German rearguard was hurt on the opening shift of Boston’s stunning Game 7 victory over Toronto in the opening round.
There’s been little info as to what the injury is — only that it’s lower-body — but Seidenberg has been skating and traveled with the team to New York, both of which were positive signs in his recovery.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)