May 21, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
It appears Dennis Seidenberg will miss his third straight game.
On Tuesday, Bruins head coach Claude Julien said he didn’t expect his veteran defenseman would be ready for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Rangers.
“I don’t think [Seidenberg] will be out for the warm-up tonight,” Julien told CSNNE. “If he plays, I’ll be as surprised as anybody else. It doesn’t look like he’ll be able to play just yet.”
The German rearguard was hurt on the opening shift of Boston’s stunning Game 7 victory over Toronto in the opening round.
There’s been little info as to what the injury is — only that it’s lower-body — but Seidenberg has been skating and traveled with the team to New York, both of which were positive signs in his recovery.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20