May 21, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Hockey Night in Canada is adding another goaltender to the mix.
On Tuesday, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation announced New Jersey netminder Martin Brodeur would be joining the HNIC intermission panel as a guest analyst.
Brodeur, 41, will make his television debut on Wednesday for Game 4 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series, and will join a pair of ex-NHL goalies — Glenn Healy and Kevin Weekes — on the panel, along with Ron MacLean, PJ Stock and Elliotte Friedman.
“With so much playoff experience and success, Martin brings an extra layer of insight and expertise to our already stellar team,” Trevor Pilling, CBC’s head of sports programming, said in a release.“He’s a future Hall of Famer and our viewers will no doubt benefit from his experience and playoff wisdom.
“He adds a new point of view to the broadcast and we’re excited to have him as part of the Hockey Night in Canada family.”
Brodeur has one season left on the two-year, $9 million deal he signed last summer. He went 13-9-7 last season with a 2.22 GAA and .901 save percentage.
“I am thrilled to join the esteemed team of broadcasters at Hockey Night in Canada, and look forward to sharing my insight and perspective with viewers,” Brodeur said.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)