May 21, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Hockey Night in Canada is adding another goaltender to the mix.
On Tuesday, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation announced New Jersey netminder Martin Brodeur would be joining the HNIC intermission panel as a guest analyst.
Brodeur, 41, will make his television debut on Wednesday for Game 4 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series, and will join a pair of ex-NHL goalies — Glenn Healy and Kevin Weekes — on the panel, along with Ron MacLean, PJ Stock and Elliotte Friedman.
“With so much playoff experience and success, Martin brings an extra layer of insight and expertise to our already stellar team,” Trevor Pilling, CBC’s head of sports programming, said in a release.“He’s a future Hall of Famer and our viewers will no doubt benefit from his experience and playoff wisdom.
“He adds a new point of view to the broadcast and we’re excited to have him as part of the Hockey Night in Canada family.”
Brodeur has one season left on the two-year, $9 million deal he signed last summer. He went 13-9-7 last season with a 2.22 GAA and .901 save percentage.
“I am thrilled to join the esteemed team of broadcasters at Hockey Night in Canada, and look forward to sharing my insight and perspective with viewers,” Brodeur said.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)