May 21, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Hockey Night in Canada is adding another goaltender to the mix.
On Tuesday, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation announced New Jersey netminder Martin Brodeur would be joining the HNIC intermission panel as a guest analyst.
Brodeur, 41, will make his television debut on Wednesday for Game 4 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series, and will join a pair of ex-NHL goalies — Glenn Healy and Kevin Weekes — on the panel, along with Ron MacLean, PJ Stock and Elliotte Friedman.
“With so much playoff experience and success, Martin brings an extra layer of insight and expertise to our already stellar team,” Trevor Pilling, CBC’s head of sports programming, said in a release.“He’s a future Hall of Famer and our viewers will no doubt benefit from his experience and playoff wisdom.
“He adds a new point of view to the broadcast and we’re excited to have him as part of the Hockey Night in Canada family.”
Brodeur has one season left on the two-year, $9 million deal he signed last summer. He went 13-9-7 last season with a 2.22 GAA and .901 save percentage.
“I am thrilled to join the esteemed team of broadcasters at Hockey Night in Canada, and look forward to sharing my insight and perspective with viewers,” Brodeur said.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)