May 21, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Hockey Night in Canada is adding another goaltender to the mix.
On Tuesday, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation announced New Jersey netminder Martin Brodeur would be joining the HNIC intermission panel as a guest analyst.
Brodeur, 41, will make his television debut on Wednesday for Game 4 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series, and will join a pair of ex-NHL goalies — Glenn Healy and Kevin Weekes — on the panel, along with Ron MacLean, PJ Stock and Elliotte Friedman.
“With so much playoff experience and success, Martin brings an extra layer of insight and expertise to our already stellar team,” Trevor Pilling, CBC’s head of sports programming, said in a release.“He’s a future Hall of Famer and our viewers will no doubt benefit from his experience and playoff wisdom.
“He adds a new point of view to the broadcast and we’re excited to have him as part of the Hockey Night in Canada family.”
Brodeur has one season left on the two-year, $9 million deal he signed last summer. He went 13-9-7 last season with a 2.22 GAA and .901 save percentage.
“I am thrilled to join the esteemed team of broadcasters at Hockey Night in Canada, and look forward to sharing my insight and perspective with viewers,” Brodeur said.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)