May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
If the Kings were lacking physicality in this series with San Jose, they’re about to get some of that back.
Rugged forward Kyle Clifford and defenseman Matt Greene return to the Kings lineup for tonight’s Game 4. Clifford hasn’t played since getting injured in Game 5 against St. Louis in the first-round. He’ll replace rookie Tanner Pearson on the fourth line and, as L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen shares, likely be back alongside Colin Fraser and Brad Richardson.
In the playoffs, Clifford has just one assist and no penalty minutes but in the regular season he found a bit of a scoring touch matching career-highs with seven goals and 14 points over the 48-game season.
Greene, meanwhile, has played in just five games this season and not in one since April 24. He will take Keaton Ellerby‘s spot along the blue line tonight. His physical play was missed earlier this year and led to the team acquiring Robyn Regehr from Buffalo at the trade deadline.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 26
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)