May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
If the Kings were lacking physicality in this series with San Jose, they’re about to get some of that back.
Rugged forward Kyle Clifford and defenseman Matt Greene return to the Kings lineup for tonight’s Game 4. Clifford hasn’t played since getting injured in Game 5 against St. Louis in the first-round. He’ll replace rookie Tanner Pearson on the fourth line and, as L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen shares, likely be back alongside Colin Fraser and Brad Richardson.
In the playoffs, Clifford has just one assist and no penalty minutes but in the regular season he found a bit of a scoring touch matching career-highs with seven goals and 14 points over the 48-game season.
Greene, meanwhile, has played in just five games this season and not in one since April 24. He will take Keaton Ellerby‘s spot along the blue line tonight. His physical play was missed earlier this year and led to the team acquiring Robyn Regehr from Buffalo at the trade deadline.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25