May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EST
If the Kings were lacking physicality in this series with San Jose, they’re about to get some of that back.
Rugged forward Kyle Clifford and defenseman Matt Greene return to the Kings lineup for tonight’s Game 4. Clifford hasn’t played since getting injured in Game 5 against St. Louis in the first-round. He’ll replace rookie Tanner Pearson on the fourth line and, as L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen shares, likely be back alongside Colin Fraser and Brad Richardson.
In the playoffs, Clifford has just one assist and no penalty minutes but in the regular season he found a bit of a scoring touch matching career-highs with seven goals and 14 points over the 48-game season.
Greene, meanwhile, has played in just five games this season and not in one since April 24. He will take Keaton Ellerby‘s spot along the blue line tonight. His physical play was missed earlier this year and led to the team acquiring Robyn Regehr from Buffalo at the trade deadline.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)