May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
If the Kings were lacking physicality in this series with San Jose, they’re about to get some of that back.
Rugged forward Kyle Clifford and defenseman Matt Greene return to the Kings lineup for tonight’s Game 4. Clifford hasn’t played since getting injured in Game 5 against St. Louis in the first-round. He’ll replace rookie Tanner Pearson on the fourth line and, as L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen shares, likely be back alongside Colin Fraser and Brad Richardson.
In the playoffs, Clifford has just one assist and no penalty minutes but in the regular season he found a bit of a scoring touch matching career-highs with seven goals and 14 points over the 48-game season.
Greene, meanwhile, has played in just five games this season and not in one since April 24. He will take Keaton Ellerby‘s spot along the blue line tonight. His physical play was missed earlier this year and led to the team acquiring Robyn Regehr from Buffalo at the trade deadline.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)