May 21, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
It was yet another disappointing playoffs for the Washington Capitals and owner Ted Leonsis knows all too well about that by now.
Leonsis took to his own blog to address how things went for the team this season and sprinkled in plenty of hope and positive thoughts it what turned out to be a bummer of a finish for the team.
Most notably, he has a word for the fans who had hopes of seeing the team win their first Stanley Cup: Sorry.
I’m sorry it ended when it did. I thought we were peaking at the appropriate time and it would translate into more playoff success and a deeper run. We played well, but we weren’t good enough. I remain proud of our team and appreciative of our fans – perhaps that’s why losing hurts so much. I feel we have let you down; I know we have let you down, and we let ourselves down. And we will continue to explore all avenues to improve our team in this new hard-cap era.
Overall, Leonsis praises the effort of coach Adam Oates for winning the Southeast Division in his first season and for the team doing it for five of the last six seasons.
He also says they’re busy prepping for next season. It’ll be an important one for him and GM George McPhee as their division is going to be a tad more competitive next season.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)