May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are already seeing good things happen thanks to their great finish this season.
While they missed out on the playoffs, according to Rusty Miller of the Associated Press, the team has seen season ticket sales jump up 13-percent from last season. Last season, the Blue Jackets had the worst record in the league and sold 7,000 season tickets and already this summer they’ve seen 1,000 new plans sold.
Seeing fans jump on board with the Jackets is a good thing as they’ve been a steady money-losing team over the last few seasons. Now with the team headed to the Eastern Conference next season and a division that will see them going head-to-head with the likes of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Islanders, Devils, and Hurricanes they’ll have to hope their winning ways this season won’t disappear against what should be stiffer competition against some of the leagues biggest stars.
If the Jackets can keep up the good feelings with realignment, those ticket sales should continue to jump up.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)