May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are already seeing good things happen thanks to their great finish this season.
While they missed out on the playoffs, according to Rusty Miller of the Associated Press, the team has seen season ticket sales jump up 13-percent from last season. Last season, the Blue Jackets had the worst record in the league and sold 7,000 season tickets and already this summer they’ve seen 1,000 new plans sold.
Seeing fans jump on board with the Jackets is a good thing as they’ve been a steady money-losing team over the last few seasons. Now with the team headed to the Eastern Conference next season and a division that will see them going head-to-head with the likes of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Islanders, Devils, and Hurricanes they’ll have to hope their winning ways this season won’t disappear against what should be stiffer competition against some of the leagues biggest stars.
If the Jackets can keep up the good feelings with realignment, those ticket sales should continue to jump up.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)