May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are already seeing good things happen thanks to their great finish this season.
While they missed out on the playoffs, according to Rusty Miller of the Associated Press, the team has seen season ticket sales jump up 13-percent from last season. Last season, the Blue Jackets had the worst record in the league and sold 7,000 season tickets and already this summer they’ve seen 1,000 new plans sold.
Seeing fans jump on board with the Jackets is a good thing as they’ve been a steady money-losing team over the last few seasons. Now with the team headed to the Eastern Conference next season and a division that will see them going head-to-head with the likes of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Islanders, Devils, and Hurricanes they’ll have to hope their winning ways this season won’t disappear against what should be stiffer competition against some of the leagues biggest stars.
If the Jackets can keep up the good feelings with realignment, those ticket sales should continue to jump up.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)