May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are already seeing good things happen thanks to their great finish this season.
While they missed out on the playoffs, according to Rusty Miller of the Associated Press, the team has seen season ticket sales jump up 13-percent from last season. Last season, the Blue Jackets had the worst record in the league and sold 7,000 season tickets and already this summer they’ve seen 1,000 new plans sold.
Seeing fans jump on board with the Jackets is a good thing as they’ve been a steady money-losing team over the last few seasons. Now with the team headed to the Eastern Conference next season and a division that will see them going head-to-head with the likes of the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Islanders, Devils, and Hurricanes they’ll have to hope their winning ways this season won’t disappear against what should be stiffer competition against some of the leagues biggest stars.
If the Jackets can keep up the good feelings with realignment, those ticket sales should continue to jump up.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)