May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
Wojtek Wolski‘s time in the nation’s capital was uneventful.
And now, brief.
The Washington Post reports Wolski has signed with Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod in the Kontinental Hockey League (according to the Torpedo website).
The move was confirmed by Wolski’s agent, Joe Resnick.
The 27-year-old had a forgettable campaign in Washington after signing a one-year, $600,000 deal back in July.
While his production wasn’t bad — four goals, nine points in 27 games — he clearly didn’t fit into head coach Adam Oates’ plans for the club.
Wolski only played in five of the final 25 regular season games and didn’t suit up at all during the postseason.
It’ll be interesting to see if Wolski ever players in the NHL again.
A former first-round pick (21st overall, 2004), he scored 71 goals from 2006-10 with Colorado before bouncing from Phoenix to New York to Florida and finally, Washington.
His most memorable moment from the last few seasons was when, while dealing with a groin injury in 2011, Rangers head coach John Tortorella quipped that he couldn’t get Wolski “out of the tub,” a reference to Wolski’s penchant for lengthy injury rehab.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)