May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski‘s time in the nation’s capital was uneventful.
And now, brief.
The Washington Post reports Wolski has signed with Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod in the Kontinental Hockey League (according to the Torpedo website).
The move was confirmed by Wolski’s agent, Joe Resnick.
The 27-year-old had a forgettable campaign in Washington after signing a one-year, $600,000 deal back in July.
While his production wasn’t bad — four goals, nine points in 27 games — he clearly didn’t fit into head coach Adam Oates’ plans for the club.
Wolski only played in five of the final 25 regular season games and didn’t suit up at all during the postseason.
It’ll be interesting to see if Wolski ever players in the NHL again.
A former first-round pick (21st overall, 2004), he scored 71 goals from 2006-10 with Colorado before bouncing from Phoenix to New York to Florida and finally, Washington.
His most memorable moment from the last few seasons was when, while dealing with a groin injury in 2011, Rangers head coach John Tortorella quipped that he couldn’t get Wolski “out of the tub,” a reference to Wolski’s penchant for lengthy injury rehab.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)