May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
Wojtek Wolski‘s time in the nation’s capital was uneventful.
And now, brief.
The Washington Post reports Wolski has signed with Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod in the Kontinental Hockey League (according to the Torpedo website).
The move was confirmed by Wolski’s agent, Joe Resnick.
The 27-year-old had a forgettable campaign in Washington after signing a one-year, $600,000 deal back in July.
While his production wasn’t bad — four goals, nine points in 27 games — he clearly didn’t fit into head coach Adam Oates’ plans for the club.
Wolski only played in five of the final 25 regular season games and didn’t suit up at all during the postseason.
It’ll be interesting to see if Wolski ever players in the NHL again.
A former first-round pick (21st overall, 2004), he scored 71 goals from 2006-10 with Colorado before bouncing from Phoenix to New York to Florida and finally, Washington.
His most memorable moment from the last few seasons was when, while dealing with a groin injury in 2011, Rangers head coach John Tortorella quipped that he couldn’t get Wolski “out of the tub,” a reference to Wolski’s penchant for lengthy injury rehab.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)