May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski‘s time in the nation’s capital was uneventful.
And now, brief.
The Washington Post reports Wolski has signed with Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod in the Kontinental Hockey League (according to the Torpedo website).
The move was confirmed by Wolski’s agent, Joe Resnick.
The 27-year-old had a forgettable campaign in Washington after signing a one-year, $600,000 deal back in July.
While his production wasn’t bad — four goals, nine points in 27 games — he clearly didn’t fit into head coach Adam Oates’ plans for the club.
Wolski only played in five of the final 25 regular season games and didn’t suit up at all during the postseason.
It’ll be interesting to see if Wolski ever players in the NHL again.
A former first-round pick (21st overall, 2004), he scored 71 goals from 2006-10 with Colorado before bouncing from Phoenix to New York to Florida and finally, Washington.
His most memorable moment from the last few seasons was when, while dealing with a groin injury in 2011, Rangers head coach John Tortorella quipped that he couldn’t get Wolski “out of the tub,” a reference to Wolski’s penchant for lengthy injury rehab.
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 5
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 29
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 47
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)