May 20, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
It looked like Chicago Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg‘s return to action in Game 3 would be pretty short-lived after he took a scary spill into the boards trying to hit Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Instead, he returned to action just a few minutes later. As great a story as the video tells, freezing the moment really captures how stunning it is that he left this fall in one piece (let alone came back in the same period).
He provided a stunning GIF, too:
So, basically, three different formats show how tough Stalberg is.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)