May 20, 2013, 8:11 PM EST
It looked like Chicago Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg‘s return to action in Game 3 would be pretty short-lived after he took a scary spill into the boards trying to hit Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Instead, he returned to action just a few minutes later. As great a story as the video tells, freezing the moment really captures how stunning it is that he left this fall in one piece (let alone came back in the same period).
He provided a stunning GIF, too:
So, basically, three different formats show how tough Stalberg is.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)