May 20, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
It looked like Chicago Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg‘s return to action in Game 3 would be pretty short-lived after he took a scary spill into the boards trying to hit Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Instead, he returned to action just a few minutes later. As great a story as the video tells, freezing the moment really captures how stunning it is that he left this fall in one piece (let alone came back in the same period).
He provided a stunning GIF, too:
So, basically, three different formats show how tough Stalberg is.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 5
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 14
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 78
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (79)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)