May 20, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
It looked like Chicago Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg‘s return to action in Game 3 would be pretty short-lived after he took a scary spill into the boards trying to hit Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Instead, he returned to action just a few minutes later. As great a story as the video tells, freezing the moment really captures how stunning it is that he left this fall in one piece (let alone came back in the same period).
He provided a stunning GIF, too:
So, basically, three different formats show how tough Stalberg is.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)