May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Jason Spezza made his return to the Ottawa Senators’ lineup Sunday in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It was a fairly uneventful evening, until Penguins’ winger Craig Adams rocked Spezza with a huge hit along the boards in the Ottawa zone. Spezza was lower to the ground as he went to the play the puck, although it was difficult to pinpoint the initial point of contact.
There was no penalty on the play.
Spezza, who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and had back surgery earlier in the season, remained in the game. The Senators came back to win the game 2-1 in double overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 52
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 41
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)