May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Jason Spezza made his return to the Ottawa Senators’ lineup Sunday in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It was a fairly uneventful evening, until Penguins’ winger Craig Adams rocked Spezza with a huge hit along the boards in the Ottawa zone. Spezza was lower to the ground as he went to the play the puck, although it was difficult to pinpoint the initial point of contact.
There was no penalty on the play.
Spezza, who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and had back surgery earlier in the season, remained in the game. The Senators came back to win the game 2-1 in double overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 1
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 4
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 16
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)