May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Jason Spezza made his return to the Ottawa Senators’ lineup Sunday in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It was a fairly uneventful evening, until Penguins’ winger Craig Adams rocked Spezza with a huge hit along the boards in the Ottawa zone. Spezza was lower to the ground as he went to the play the puck, although it was difficult to pinpoint the initial point of contact.
There was no penalty on the play.
Spezza, who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and had back surgery earlier in the season, remained in the game. The Senators came back to win the game 2-1 in double overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)