May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Jason Spezza made his return to the Ottawa Senators’ lineup Sunday in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It was a fairly uneventful evening, until Penguins’ winger Craig Adams rocked Spezza with a huge hit along the boards in the Ottawa zone. Spezza was lower to the ground as he went to the play the puck, although it was difficult to pinpoint the initial point of contact.
There was no penalty on the play.
Spezza, who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and had back surgery earlier in the season, remained in the game. The Senators came back to win the game 2-1 in double overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 4
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 30
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)