May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Jason Spezza made his return to the Ottawa Senators’ lineup Sunday in Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It was a fairly uneventful evening, until Penguins’ winger Craig Adams rocked Spezza with a huge hit along the boards in the Ottawa zone. Spezza was lower to the ground as he went to the play the puck, although it was difficult to pinpoint the initial point of contact.
There was no penalty on the play.
Spezza, who hadn’t played since Jan. 27 and had back surgery earlier in the season, remained in the game. The Senators came back to win the game 2-1 in double overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Lundqvist snares Stamkos’ scary shot 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 5
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 25
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)