May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Even in a series between two teams with high-end talent like the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, one could argue that you’re simply not “supposed to” score a goal like Gustav Nyquist did to make it 1-0 in Game 3 on Monday.
The Blackhawks must have been so stunned that they couldn’t recover moments later, as Nyquist and Drew Miller made it 2-0 in a little more than 30 seconds:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As high-powered as Chicago’s offense was during the regular season, the Blackhawks have been struggling to score against Detroit early in this second-round series. We’ll see if Jonathan Toews & Co. can find a way to break out of their respective slumps.
If not, the Presidents’ Trophy winning team could face rare adversity in a sterling season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)