May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Even in a series between two teams with high-end talent like the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, one could argue that you’re simply not “supposed to” score a goal like Gustav Nyquist did to make it 1-0 in Game 3 on Monday.
The Blackhawks must have been so stunned that they couldn’t recover moments later, as Nyquist and Drew Miller made it 2-0 in a little more than 30 seconds:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As high-powered as Chicago’s offense was during the regular season, the Blackhawks have been struggling to score against Detroit early in this second-round series. We’ll see if Jonathan Toews & Co. can find a way to break out of their respective slumps.
If not, the Presidents’ Trophy winning team could face rare adversity in a sterling season.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)