May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Even in a series between two teams with high-end talent like the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, one could argue that you’re simply not “supposed to” score a goal like Gustav Nyquist did to make it 1-0 in Game 3 on Monday.
The Blackhawks must have been so stunned that they couldn’t recover moments later, as Nyquist and Drew Miller made it 2-0 in a little more than 30 seconds:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As high-powered as Chicago’s offense was during the regular season, the Blackhawks have been struggling to score against Detroit early in this second-round series. We’ll see if Jonathan Toews & Co. can find a way to break out of their respective slumps.
If not, the Presidents’ Trophy winning team could face rare adversity in a sterling season.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 4
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 41
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)