May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EST
Even in a series between two teams with high-end talent like the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, one could argue that you’re simply not “supposed to” score a goal like Gustav Nyquist did to make it 1-0 in Game 3 on Monday.
The Blackhawks must have been so stunned that they couldn’t recover moments later, as Nyquist and Drew Miller made it 2-0 in a little more than 30 seconds:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As high-powered as Chicago’s offense was during the regular season, the Blackhawks have been struggling to score against Detroit early in this second-round series. We’ll see if Jonathan Toews & Co. can find a way to break out of their respective slumps.
If not, the Presidents’ Trophy winning team could face rare adversity in a sterling season.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)