May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Even in a series between two teams with high-end talent like the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, one could argue that you’re simply not “supposed to” score a goal like Gustav Nyquist did to make it 1-0 in Game 3 on Monday.
The Blackhawks must have been so stunned that they couldn’t recover moments later, as Nyquist and Drew Miller made it 2-0 in a little more than 30 seconds:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As high-powered as Chicago’s offense was during the regular season, the Blackhawks have been struggling to score against Detroit early in this second-round series. We’ll see if Jonathan Toews & Co. can find a way to break out of their respective slumps.
If not, the Presidents’ Trophy winning team could face rare adversity in a sterling season.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5