May 20, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Every now and then, post-game interviews justify their often-criticized existences when someone says an inflammatory or funny thing.
Detroit Red Wings forward Dan Cleary‘s amazing red beard was reason enough to soak in what he had to say, but his amusing “no Christmas cards” quip made it a rare treat. He’s talking about his rivalry with Bryan Bickell specifically, yet it could probably fit Detroit’s second-round series against the Chicago Blackhawks overall:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 12
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13