May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but sometimes they calm down angry fans.
That’s at least the thought that clouds many minds when people believe that a “makeup” call takes place. Plenty of onlookers believed that Game 3 officials made two bad goal-related calls in a short period of time in the third period of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 3-1 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Moments later, an Andrew Shaw game-tying goal was waved off for (what many believed was a phantom) goalie interference call:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Pavel Datsyuk locked down the win with a 3-1 goal a little later, but that won’t stop people from critiquing the calls.
(Hey, at least Blackhawks and Red Wings fans can agree on something other than the Central Division being tough, huh?)
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)