May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but sometimes they calm down angry fans.
That’s at least the thought that clouds many minds when people believe that a “makeup” call takes place. Plenty of onlookers believed that Game 3 officials made two bad goal-related calls in a short period of time in the third period of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 3-1 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Moments later, an Andrew Shaw game-tying goal was waved off for (what many believed was a phantom) goalie interference call:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Pavel Datsyuk locked down the win with a 3-1 goal a little later, but that won’t stop people from critiquing the calls.
(Hey, at least Blackhawks and Red Wings fans can agree on something other than the Central Division being tough, huh?)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35