May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but sometimes they calm down angry fans.
That’s at least the thought that clouds many minds when people believe that a “makeup” call takes place. Plenty of onlookers believed that Game 3 officials made two bad goal-related calls in a short period of time in the third period of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 3-1 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Moments later, an Andrew Shaw game-tying goal was waved off for (what many believed was a phantom) goalie interference call:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Pavel Datsyuk locked down the win with a 3-1 goal a little later, but that won’t stop people from critiquing the calls.
(Hey, at least Blackhawks and Red Wings fans can agree on something other than the Central Division being tough, huh?)
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)