May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but sometimes they calm down angry fans.
That’s at least the thought that clouds many minds when people believe that a “makeup” call takes place. Plenty of onlookers believed that Game 3 officials made two bad goal-related calls in a short period of time in the third period of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 3-1 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Moments later, an Andrew Shaw game-tying goal was waved off for (what many believed was a phantom) goalie interference call:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Pavel Datsyuk locked down the win with a 3-1 goal a little later, but that won’t stop people from critiquing the calls.
(Hey, at least Blackhawks and Red Wings fans can agree on something other than the Central Division being tough, huh?)
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 1
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 30
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 17
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 35
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)