May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but sometimes they calm down angry fans.
That’s at least the thought that clouds many minds when people believe that a “makeup” call takes place. Plenty of onlookers believed that Game 3 officials made two bad goal-related calls in a short period of time in the third period of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 3-1 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Moments later, an Andrew Shaw game-tying goal was waved off for (what many believed was a phantom) goalie interference call:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Pavel Datsyuk locked down the win with a 3-1 goal a little later, but that won’t stop people from critiquing the calls.
(Hey, at least Blackhawks and Red Wings fans can agree on something other than the Central Division being tough, huh?)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5