May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Three big-time performances headline the weekend recap.
On Saturday in San Jose, Sharks forward Logan Couture returned from what appeared to be a potential game-ending injury — the Sharks initially listed his return as questionable — to score the winning tally in OT as the Sharks captured Game 3 by a 2-1 scoreline.
The victory was San Jose’s first of the series and pushed their home record to a perfect 3-0 this postseason.
Krug, playing in just his fifth career NHL contest (regular season and playoffs combined), now has three points in his first two postseason games and is toed for second in Bruins d-man scoring.
Finally, also on Sunday, the Ottawa Senators stayed alive in their second round series against Pittsburgh with a gutty double-OT win.
Colin Greening scored what proved to be the game-winner, but the real story was how Ottawa scored — while shorthanded — with 29 seconds left in regulation to send it to extra time.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)