May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Three big-time performances headline the weekend recap.
On Saturday in San Jose, Sharks forward Logan Couture returned from what appeared to be a potential game-ending injury — the Sharks initially listed his return as questionable — to score the winning tally in OT as the Sharks captured Game 3 by a 2-1 scoreline.
The victory was San Jose’s first of the series and pushed their home record to a perfect 3-0 this postseason.
Krug, playing in just his fifth career NHL contest (regular season and playoffs combined), now has three points in his first two postseason games and is toed for second in Bruins d-man scoring.
Finally, also on Sunday, the Ottawa Senators stayed alive in their second round series against Pittsburgh with a gutty double-OT win.
Colin Greening scored what proved to be the game-winner, but the real story was how Ottawa scored — while shorthanded — with 29 seconds left in regulation to send it to extra time.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (82)