May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Three big-time performances headline the weekend recap.
On Saturday in San Jose, Sharks forward Logan Couture returned from what appeared to be a potential game-ending injury — the Sharks initially listed his return as questionable — to score the winning tally in OT as the Sharks captured Game 3 by a 2-1 scoreline.
The victory was San Jose’s first of the series and pushed their home record to a perfect 3-0 this postseason.
Krug, playing in just his fifth career NHL contest (regular season and playoffs combined), now has three points in his first two postseason games and is toed for second in Bruins d-man scoring.
Finally, also on Sunday, the Ottawa Senators stayed alive in their second round series against Pittsburgh with a gutty double-OT win.
Colin Greening scored what proved to be the game-winner, but the real story was how Ottawa scored — while shorthanded — with 29 seconds left in regulation to send it to extra time.
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 0
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 5
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 12
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)