May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Three big-time performances headline the weekend recap.
On Saturday in San Jose, Sharks forward Logan Couture returned from what appeared to be a potential game-ending injury — the Sharks initially listed his return as questionable — to score the winning tally in OT as the Sharks captured Game 3 by a 2-1 scoreline.
The victory was San Jose’s first of the series and pushed their home record to a perfect 3-0 this postseason.
Krug, playing in just his fifth career NHL contest (regular season and playoffs combined), now has three points in his first two postseason games and is toed for second in Bruins d-man scoring.
Finally, also on Sunday, the Ottawa Senators stayed alive in their second round series against Pittsburgh with a gutty double-OT win.
Colin Greening scored what proved to be the game-winner, but the real story was how Ottawa scored — while shorthanded — with 29 seconds left in regulation to send it to extra time.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)