May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Three big-time performances headline the weekend recap.
On Saturday in San Jose, Sharks forward Logan Couture returned from what appeared to be a potential game-ending injury — the Sharks initially listed his return as questionable — to score the winning tally in OT as the Sharks captured Game 3 by a 2-1 scoreline.
The victory was San Jose’s first of the series and pushed their home record to a perfect 3-0 this postseason.
Krug, playing in just his fifth career NHL contest (regular season and playoffs combined), now has three points in his first two postseason games and is toed for second in Bruins d-man scoring.
Finally, also on Sunday, the Ottawa Senators stayed alive in their second round series against Pittsburgh with a gutty double-OT win.
Colin Greening scored what proved to be the game-winner, but the real story was how Ottawa scored — while shorthanded — with 29 seconds left in regulation to send it to extra time.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (54)
- Wild upset with late penalty call that led to Blackhawks winner (48)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (46)