May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EST
Over the span of his five year NHL career, John Scott has worn four different NHL jerseys. However, it looks like he’ll stick with the Buffalo Sabres for at least a little longer.
Scott has inked a $750,000 contract for the 2013-14 campaign, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. He would have been an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The 30-year-old forward doesn’t do a lot offensively. In fact you would have to go back to Dec. 16, 2011 to find the last time he even recorded a point. In 2013, he had just 15 shots on goal in 34 games and over his 180 career contests, he’s scored just once.
What he is known for is his tough style of play. Scott engaged in seven fights in 2013, according to hockeyfights.com.
With Scott inked, the Sabres only have three players with the potential to become unrestricted free agents this summer among those that had one-way contracts. Forward Jochen Hecht and defensemen Adam Pardy and Alexander Sulzer can all walk if they aren’t re-signed in the near future.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Dealt with injury last season.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
Fight didn’t last long.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
“This is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life with Toronto.”
Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
Dallas has moved a trio of blue liners recently.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
“Let the referees do their job, we’ll do our job.”
Nov 22, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
The St. Louis defender had an assist on the eventual winner.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Conflicting ideas on whether it was a fight or not.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
In the rain, too, apparently.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
“They embarrassed us pretty good in their building.”
Nov 22, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
He’s out Saturday, for sure.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
A fun way to mislead people about Cory Schneider’s workhorse run.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
NHL makes it official.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Not a lot of good news in Edmonton.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
“They know who is the man.”
Nov 22, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Tough loss for Vancouver.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
His goal got the biggest reaction in Columbus on Friday.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
He’s been hot in the AHL lately.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
(Waits for “everything” jokes.)
Nov 22, 2014, 1:45 AM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 12:40 AM EST
Booed off the ice at the end of this game.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 4
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)