May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EST
Over the span of his five year NHL career, John Scott has worn four different NHL jerseys. However, it looks like he’ll stick with the Buffalo Sabres for at least a little longer.
Scott has inked a $750,000 contract for the 2013-14 campaign, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. He would have been an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The 30-year-old forward doesn’t do a lot offensively. In fact you would have to go back to Dec. 16, 2011 to find the last time he even recorded a point. In 2013, he had just 15 shots on goal in 34 games and over his 180 career contests, he’s scored just once.
What he is known for is his tough style of play. Scott engaged in seven fights in 2013, according to hockeyfights.com.
With Scott inked, the Sabres only have three players with the potential to become unrestricted free agents this summer among those that had one-way contracts. Forward Jochen Hecht and defensemen Adam Pardy and Alexander Sulzer can all walk if they aren’t re-signed in the near future.
Dec 8, 2013, 1:11 PM EST
“It was just bad in here.”
Dec 8, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
Adding to what was already a rough night for Boston and Pittsburgh.
Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Meanwhile the Flyers will play in Ottawa on Monday.
Dec 8, 2013, 10:44 AM EST
They’re 14 points out of a playoff spot.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
They’re playing without Tyler Bozak and Dave Bolland.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
He would have preferred they talked about the rookie goalie that just got his first shutout.
Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EST
Is the end coming for Jack Capuano?
Dec 8, 2013, 1:28 AM EST
This chapter in the Battle of Alberta goes to Calgary.
Dec 8, 2013, 1:05 AM EST
Three straight losses to Pacific Division giants.
Dec 8, 2013, 12:18 AM EST
Toronto outshot yet again.
Dec 7, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
Reported blow to the head.
Dec 7, 2013, 11:09 PM EST
Another dirty incident.
Dec 7, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
Happened on first shift.
Dec 7, 2013, 10:28 PM EST
‘I made a mistake’
Dec 7, 2013, 10:08 PM EST
Dec 7, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
Has a history with concussions.
Dec 7, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Dec 7, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
Taken to hospital.
Dec 7, 2013, 8:51 PM EST
Also, his views on fighting.
Dec 7, 2013, 8:22 PM EST
Some good news.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (79)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)