May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
Over the span of his five year NHL career, John Scott has worn four different NHL jerseys. However, it looks like he’ll stick with the Buffalo Sabres for at least a little longer.
Scott has inked a $750,000 contract for the 2013-14 campaign, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. He would have been an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The 30-year-old forward doesn’t do a lot offensively. In fact you would have to go back to Dec. 16, 2011 to find the last time he even recorded a point. In 2013, he had just 15 shots on goal in 34 games and over his 180 career contests, he’s scored just once.
What he is known for is his tough style of play. Scott engaged in seven fights in 2013, according to hockeyfights.com.
With Scott inked, the Sabres only have three players with the potential to become unrestricted free agents this summer among those that had one-way contracts. Forward Jochen Hecht and defensemen Adam Pardy and Alexander Sulzer can all walk if they aren’t re-signed in the near future.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51