May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
Over the span of his five year NHL career, John Scott has worn four different NHL jerseys. However, it looks like he’ll stick with the Buffalo Sabres for at least a little longer.
Scott has inked a $750,000 contract for the 2013-14 campaign, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. He would have been an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The 30-year-old forward doesn’t do a lot offensively. In fact you would have to go back to Dec. 16, 2011 to find the last time he even recorded a point. In 2013, he had just 15 shots on goal in 34 games and over his 180 career contests, he’s scored just once.
What he is known for is his tough style of play. Scott engaged in seven fights in 2013, according to hockeyfights.com.
With Scott inked, the Sabres only have three players with the potential to become unrestricted free agents this summer among those that had one-way contracts. Forward Jochen Hecht and defensemen Adam Pardy and Alexander Sulzer can all walk if they aren’t re-signed in the near future.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)