May 20, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have enjoyed a charmed season of almost uninterrupted success, but now they find themselves down 2-1 in their second-round series against the Detroit Red Wings.
“It takes something like this to slap you in the face, to really understand what adversity is and how tough the playoffs can be,” Toews said.
“We still have that feeling in this locker room that we’re going to win this series,” Stalberg said.
While this season has been low on down moments, Duncan Keith notes that the Blackhawks aren’t that new to the peaks and valleys of the playoffs.
“Just because we haven’t faced a whole lot of adversity this year doesn’t mean we’ve never faced it in our lives before,” Keith said. “Let’s face it: Winning in the playoffs isn’t easy. It’s not always going to go your way.”
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)