May 20, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have enjoyed a charmed season of almost uninterrupted success, but now they find themselves down 2-1 in their second-round series against the Detroit Red Wings.
“It takes something like this to slap you in the face, to really understand what adversity is and how tough the playoffs can be,” Toews said.
“We still have that feeling in this locker room that we’re going to win this series,” Stalberg said.
While this season has been low on down moments, Duncan Keith notes that the Blackhawks aren’t that new to the peaks and valleys of the playoffs.
“Just because we haven’t faced a whole lot of adversity this year doesn’t mean we’ve never faced it in our lives before,” Keith said. “Let’s face it: Winning in the playoffs isn’t easy. It’s not always going to go your way.”
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 10
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 23
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 12
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 55
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39