May 20, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have enjoyed a charmed season of almost uninterrupted success, but now they find themselves down 2-1 in their second-round series against the Detroit Red Wings.
“It takes something like this to slap you in the face, to really understand what adversity is and how tough the playoffs can be,” Toews said.
“We still have that feeling in this locker room that we’re going to win this series,” Stalberg said.
While this season has been low on down moments, Duncan Keith notes that the Blackhawks aren’t that new to the peaks and valleys of the playoffs.
“Just because we haven’t faced a whole lot of adversity this year doesn’t mean we’ve never faced it in our lives before,” Keith said. “Let’s face it: Winning in the playoffs isn’t easy. It’s not always going to go your way.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)